Discussion: Your Windows 10 upgrade plans?

@Ego: When did you upgrade? Some things (e.g. Sound or Network Drivers) worked fine at first and then suddenly stopped working after a week or so (maybe Windows Update "updated" the drivers), this has happend to a good part of the people I know which have upgraded yet

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Windows fan, I've used and liked their products for years and I'm not planning to turn my back on them, but this Upgrade feels premature.

Edited by ArgusMagnus

My batch Image Processor: https://imagenator.codeplex.com

A week ago. I did the Express upgrade then when complete I revisited the security settings to hide my location & other details.

I'm not using OneDrive or Edge. Every other program I've tried seems to work flawlessly.

The only minor inconvenience I encountered was the insistence that an Administrator didn't have Administrator access. The popup was irritating when trying to save ShapeMaker shapes. Now I run paint.net "as administrator" which solves the problem for now.

Rick said  

Be sure to pick up the 4.0.6 update, especially if you're using Windows 10.

Does this mean all previous versions will not work on Windows 10 ?

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Does this mean all previous versions will not work on Windows 10 ?

Other versions will work, just not as well.

Windows 10 changed the look of window frames which can make older versions of paint.net look "funny". Version 4.0.6 corrects those issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Earlier this week, I installed Win10 on my editing Desktop. It worked out well after I tweaked the snot out of it, so I decided to install it on my LapTop. I originally was worried because I dual-boot Linux/Windows on it and was afraid it would hose my system and would have to go back and rebuild. I was pleasantly surprised that the dual-boot held intact, great......!

However, it is extremely slow and sluggish (compared to Win7) out of the box. So I tweaked the snot out of it by eliminating many of the useless process running in the background with the help of O&O ShutUp10. It works great and makes Win10 much more pleasant. I disabled all recommended settings. 

Plane_Sig2.gif

That's a huge "NO!". (I don't even like Windows 8), but, if people buy a new computer....

Not liking Windows 8 is actually a great reason to upgrade to 10.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.