Why were the zoom buttons moved?

The old position was perfectly fine, it's horribly inconvenient to move them down to the bottom (as well it's confusing quite a few). Every time I go to zoom in and out this happens...

7G4y3sZ.gif

and it's getting on my nerves, at least give us the option to move them back to where they used to be.

P.S. Sorry for the horribly made gif.

Unless there is a way to move them which i'm not seeing.

Edited by Darkychao

Pin your taskbar so it is always visible, or move it to the right.

Once I got used to the new location, I actually like it better... now that it is just like MS Word, Excel, etc.

BTW, you can use the keyboard short cuts Ctrl--, Ctrl-+, and Ctrl-0.

I'd prefer not to have to do that, I really don't like having the taskbar not hidden, and I don't see why I should have to change my whole computer experience in order to use a single program.

Ehh, whatever... I just switched back to 3.5.11, I prefer the way everything looks/works/etc. in that anyway. I really don't see why they don't give you the option to move it back...

Well, it's not like I'm too surprised, devs do this kinda stuff all the time, look at firefox, at least that had plugins to fix that.

Sorry for sounding way more upset than anyone should be at such a little thing like this.

Zooming in with the mouse scroll wheel is superior, as you can choose which region of the canvas the zoom gets focused to. Just saying... obviously you have the freedom to do it the way you want; whether it be keyboard, scroll wheel, zoom tool, status bar buttons, paint.net v3.5, ect.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

I have the exact same trouble as Darkychao has. I really have learn to zoom using the mouse scroll button but old habits die hard.

As to Boltbait's suggestion to pin the Taskbar, it always baffled me that most people don't use the auto-hide option. Why would anyone want to give away real estate?

Xkds4Lh.png

I'd use the mouse scroll if it went in increments were consistent, it goes from 100 to 112 to 125 to 140 and then back down to 125, 111, 99. and the more you do it the more off from normal, sensible numbers. Meaning that everything's going to be all fuzzy and weird.

• Upvote 1

have you checked your mouse settings to see how many lines the scroll wheel is set to scroll per click?

First thing I did, it makes no difference for me. I'm getting different numbers to Darkychao, 63%, 80%, 100%, 125%, 157%, 197% - very odd? :/

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

The scroll wheel problem has been brought up before

I thought it was fixed because I stopped getting it, but I guess not.

Make sure you have the latest version of paint.net installed. If that doesn't help, as Rick points out at the end of the linked thread, ctrl+0 will reset the zoom to exactly 100%

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 3 weeks later...

+1 for the preference of a toolbar to be in the, well... toolbar area.  

Checked menus for a View / Toolbar option thinking it was gone, or maybe a Customise Toolbar option so that I could re-add it up there myself.  

Wasn't until I came to these forums that I learned it was still on the interface, just waaaay down on the bottom right.  Unexpected, but *shrug*  control + mousewheel it is, I guess.  Ctrl+0 matches a number of other programs, so that will do, I suppose.  Not pretty.