How do I remove transparent pixels?

Hi Javoris - you can use the magic wand to select the transparent area, make a new layer and fill with color.  You will probably need to go back to your image and use AA's Assistant and then flatten your work.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I would tackle this in another way. Make a new page for each color you want to fix. Select the whole area of the hair with the wand tool and make sure to press cntrl + wand to get the transparent pixels also. Fill a layer with magenta. With the top layer selected on the hair leave it selected and then click on the layer that you fill with magenta. You can select copy and then select the top layer and then paste. Do this for each color. I hope that is clear enough.

I KNOW there's a "1px Expansion" plugin somewhere, but I can't seem to find it in the plugin index.

If you had said plugin, make your outlines on a blank layer, use magic wand to select areas, then on a layer underneath, fill the selection with the proper color. Once you have all the colors done, use the 1px expansion plugin to fill in the transparent pixels.

I'll go look around some more for the plugin...I know it's somewhere out there...

EDIT: found it! It's in dpy's plugin pack. Odd that it didn't show up in the plugin index. you're slacking off, EER! :P

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I KNOW there's a "1px Expansion" plugin somewhere, but I can't seem to find it in the plugin index.

I'll go look around some more for the plugin...I know it's somewhere out there...

EDIT: found it! It's in dpy's plugin pack. Odd that it didn't show up in the plugin index. you're slacking off, EER! :P

I AM NOT!!!  :) Dpy has not released this plugin in it's own thread - therefore I'm only going to find it when I manually search through the plugin packs (which I'm actually doing).

I've undertaken to manually download, unpack and examine every plugin and every plugin pack from every author.  This is very time consuming, but worthwhile.  

The next revision of the Plugin Index will show dozens of effects not listed before.  It will be the COMPLETE guide to EVERY plugin available.

Slacking indeed..... :lol:

I've undertaken to manually download, unpack and examine every plugin and every plugin pack from every author.  This is very time consuming, but worthwhile.  

The next revision of the Plugin Index will show dozens of effects not listed before.  It will be the COMPLETE guide to EVERY plugin available.

I read this with a mad scientist voice and added a "MUAHAHAHAHA" at the end :lol:

Sounds like a tough job you've cut out for yourself. Let me know if you need any help...

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Thanks for the offer!  Appreciate it.  Just keep reading :)

• 7 years later...
  1. Use the magic wand on a transparent pixel,
  2. Set the tolerance to 0%
  3. Set the flood mode to global
  4. Use the the paint bucket to set the selected area to whatever color you want!

Note: Pixels must be fully transparent or must be the same pixel.

Edited by Dragonier