Pixey's Gallery ~ Merry Christmas 2023 everyone.

Pixey

Thanks so much @Helen :) The notes are done with custom brushes mini ..... you can do them line by line, or by a page. And yes, I did the whole thing PDN from scratch.

Edited by nanettealsop

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Gosh Pixey! Amazing work! So smooth & I love the arrangement of the element too. The glasses are a wonderful addition. Bravo!! Galleria worthy!!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

@Red Ochre - Thank you for stopping by to comment.

@Drydareelin - Always appreciate your comments, thank you.

@Welshy - Thanks so much and you have reminded me that I need to add the link to the photo I used as my muse.

@BBQ - Lovely comments - thanks so much.

@Yellowman - What was I thinking? I completely forgot about the bow shadow. I have a lazy eye after a while. Hence to remember to leave it for a while, go have a cuppa or a glass of wine and look again.

th_Violin.png

Before

th_ThisnewoneforpaintNet.png

After

My Muse

Edited by nanettealsop

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Pixey, it has a lot more oomph now. I cannot pick details like this until shown but Yellowman is so right (again :) ) Does this mean the shadow should be on the music sheets too just a bit? Do the glasses need a bit of a shadow on the paper as well? I'd have to be able to test it to work it out. :)

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

@BBQ - OK ........... it's official - I'm really feeling like an idiot now. Of course you are right .... the glasses and some of the paper did also need shadows. I think I have a mental block about this as, you will notice, each time one adds shadow the images takes on a darker side and I think my brain is opposed to it :| .

Herewith - image again with glasses shadowed. Don't think there is any place else for a a shadow (please, please not!)

th_FINALFINAL.png

30b8T8B.gif

Pixey, the original was great - hence my first comment. I made the comment to EER that my images never look "real" like Welshy's & Goonie too did a lot of realism with inanimate objects but you take the cake for portraits & animals along with Aislin. I cannot "see" what is needed unless it is pointed out or I can test it by having the real thing there for me to see. My mind's eye doesn't work as well as some folks'. Dyslexic people are very good at that sort of thing - in fact it is a gift that they have. Just ask my son :) So then Yellowman got me thinking but I still wasn't sure. I am stunned by the realism of the glasses on the paper. 100% nailed it with that! I am pleased that you went back & did the extra bit. It sure was worth it!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

@WB - Argh! You are right! I didn't even notice them until I cranked up the resolution on the original image. I can now be officially called 'shadow-impaired'.

It doesn't help being a mono contact lens-wearer. Thanks for pointing these things out - I'll be more careful in the future :smile:

th_UntitledpngFINALFINALFINAL.png

30b8T8B.gif

All in all though it's still an excellent piece. You've inspired me to try to create one. Then again, you seem to always have some tantilizing works! Did you hand draw the sheet music as well?

Hi @Jim - Thanks so much for that. As for the musical notes, they were done with the help of Custom Brushes which, I suppose, is a little like cheating :evillaugh: . For the rest, it was all me and PDN :smile:

30b8T8B.gif

Using Custom brushes is NOT cheating. It is working SMART not hard. It is another tool in our arsenal. My hat is off to you for being able to use them in the first place. I haven't been able to work it out as yet & I have a mental block with them.

There is a lot more to your images than flicking virtual paint onto a screen. :)

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thanks so much @Dug, @Yellowman, @Helen and @BBQ for your lovely comments smile_hearts.gif.

So glad you don't think Custom Brushes are cheating, as they do make life a lot easier. One could paint each and every musical note, but what a chore that would be.

Making the violin certainly was an eye-opener for me, as I realise just how blind I am to shadows pinkglassesf.gif. How important they are though. I think it's psychological with me, for once I've made an image I'm ready to finish it and doing shadows is that little extra bit of work.

Thanks for your support :pizza:

30b8T8B.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this girl's skin tone--realistic and natural-looking. I think that it adds life to her as if she's really standing there and posing. Beautiful hair streaks. Her braided hair fits her very well and with the fantasy theme. I would imagine her ears to be pointy, but since they're hidden behind her hair, we'll never know... ;) Beautiful and stunning piece of work, Pixey!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Nice works here! The glossies are awesome and the portraits are impeccable!

I really like the violin, (I play the cello) but my critique is... well, the glossies on the violin are a tad bit too glaring.

Well done!

'Civil disobedience is still disobedience.'

'↑ And that is how you confuse an atomic computer. ↑'

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Pixey, I love her eyes & lips but agree with Helen too that the streaks in her hair are great. I love the hair colour & the butterfly who looks like has braided her hair. Well done!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thanks so much @Helen and you are correct - pointy ears are under the hair :smile:

@AmadeusX - so nice of you to comment - thank you :D

@Xzerizon - Thanks for your positive comments, much appreciated. I know what you mean about the shine/glare. I was using this as my muse, which seemed to have quite a glare on the photo ..... here perhaps I should have made the shine a bit more transparent :|

@BBQ - Thank you Barbie, glad you like her ... don't know why I did a red head - guess it was time :mrred:

30b8T8B.gif

Pixey, I do hope you get a lappy. Like 6 weeks without you here or seeing your awesome work is too much to bear :) Hope you have a fabulous time!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012