The title may seem awkward, but last night I discovered an interesting fact of paint.net, i don't know if it was meant to be, but anyway, here's the tutorial.
What we are goint to do is making a movie play in paint.net and then we can draw on it on another layer (the movie layer will not be saved though)
1. What you need
- Paint.net (paint works too if you want)
- VLC media player (get it here )
- Brains (not necessary though)
2. Setting up Paint.NET
1. Fire up Paint.NET
2. Take the standard canvas size (800 x 600) or larger if you want
3. Fill the background layer with special black, Hex code : #000001
4. Rename the layer with the special black to Movie or some sort
5. Make a new layer, where you can draw with any color, except the #000001 black
Image (click me!!!)
3. Setting up VLC media player
After you installed VLC, open it and open your favourite movie file, i used my DVD of Harry Potter, but an ordinary .avi, .mpg, etc.., are okay too.
After that, let the movie play maximised, not fullscreen, where the movie is playing, there the movie will play in Paint.NET.
And then, open Paint.NET again with the special black and enjoy drawing on and with movies!!!
Note : I couldn't make a picture of that, because when you print-screen vlc's movies, you get the special black)
Note 2 : Remember, you can't save the movie layer, it will always be black.
PS: If this didn't work for you, please note that this wasn't a joke, as i don't know on which computers it will work.