Firey Text

Tom Jackson

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't use it on text, but on a picture (I've been wanting to do this for a long time, and your tutorial is just very easy to follow, so I used your tutorial!).

See my result here:

2hoz24w.png

(I've also added a littlebit of Zoom Blur)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will you please put some pictures after every step? sorry but i didn't get it. i made the background layer with black and with white fonts, i blurred it. Then after making the second layer, the clouds, no matter what effect i made nothing changes in the picture. sorry for being novice. :cry:

Just tried this tut - after the "how to start a fire"-tut (which was so easy to follow through) I thought this might also be easy enough for me.

Well -- no, it wasn't considering the result. Yes it was easy to follow, but it came out a whole lot different than it should have. It's by far too "orderly". So far, I have no idea what I did wrong for it to come out THIS way. :?:

2i0dyky.jpg

I don't know.. maybe I should have done the clouds over and over again? Maybe I should have used a different -not so straight- font?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well anyway, I thought I might as well start playing around a bit and see what I can make of it - apart from the fact that I didn't get the letters to burn... so I created another level, copied the text on it and started playing (like always: didn't take any notes - I should be a bit more disciplined at my age *lol*). Well but here it is:

206yb2f.jpg

I made another one, this time trying to experiment a bit more with the pic. Here's what I got:

fpf2v.jpg

I'm still not happy with the text part .. too orderly, not as fuzzy edges as shown in the tut. Maybe I am using "wrong" fonts? Or does anybody have a suggestion how I could get the "flames" more like flaming out of the letters? Haven't found a way to do it yet... to my own dismay.

So, my playing around with the pic as a whole was kind of compensation for that, in order to make up a bit on what I think is still lacking on the clouds/text layer.

• 1 month later...

1. [*:3rfbhjl7]Create the text layer, white on black:
    1. [*:3rfbhjl7]Use a large, blocky font
      [*:3rfbhjl7]Blur this layer with a gaussian blur so that the details of the text are still recognizable (holes in letters like 'A' shouldn't end up closed). One eighth the point size works well. The stronger the blur, the less readable the final output will be.

[*:3rfbhjl7]Create the difference clouds layer

1. [*:3rfbhjl7]Set the blending mode for the clouds layer to 'Negation'
    [*:3rfbhjl7]Render clouds with the scale for the clouds at roughly twice the font size.
    [*:3rfbhjl7]Repeat it a bunch to get a whispy look

I dont get this part. What do I have to do excactly?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, :mrgreen:

I've tried it very often to get that nice effect but it did'nt work. :(

I'm from Germany so reading something english is not easy for me :cry:

I've tried to translate it but there were always some probelms. :(

Could someone send me the tutorial in german please?

Screenshots won't be bad. :D

Thank you for all,

• 2 weeks later...
You wont get far w/ that attitude.

Tell me which part your stuck on

Well I'm stuck on the beginning already!!! LOL I cant get that Clouds layer done..... And I cant see am I going in the right way couse I dont have screen..... But ok.... I think that even if u help me I wont get this tut done... So never mind then....

• 2 weeks later...
pls can anyone explain me i didn't understand

What don't you understand? Please be more specific.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

# Create the text layer, white on black:

1. Use a large, blocky font

2. Blur this layer with a gaussian blur so that the details of the text are still recognizable (holes in letters like 'A' shouldn't end up closed). One eighth the point size works well. The stronger the blur, the less readable the final output will be.

# Create the difference clouds layer

1. Set the blending mode for the clouds layer to 'Negation'

2. Render clouds with the scale for the clouds at roughly twice the font size.

3. Repeat it a bunch to get a whispy look

# Use Levels to adjust the clouds layer. Open the levels adjustment, hit Reset, then under the output area, the replace the default values of 255, 1.00, 0 with 128, 2.0, 0. These are the output White point, output gamma, and output black point, respectively.

# Use Levels to adjust the text layer. Open the levels adjustment, hit Reset, then change the input white point (the top-left textbox) to 210.

# Flatten the image.

# Use Levels to adjust the flattened image. Open the levels adjustment, hit Reset, then change the input range (the textboxes on the left) to 255, 96 (it defaults to 255, 0).

# Open up the Curves adjustment. Choose 'RGB' under 'Transfer map', then uncheck the 'Red' and 'Green' checkboxes so you're only modifying the blue channel, add a control point as shown below. Do the same for the green channel so you have the curves shown below.

i.ve done all that but ......this is all i could do:(

fire.png

logoantonell.jpg

my first logo(made by me):D