How to Install Plugins ×

HOW TO INSTALL PLUGINS/General Plugin Troubleshooting Thread

RaveN

i hit Ctrl+A = curly lines =nothing else......nowhere to be seen.....with all the wonderful things i have seen folks do with this - i just don't get it........so tried a sneaky way & it said 'not a windows 32 application' ... gosh this is fun.... :rainbow:

Edited by ftlog666

i already 'unblock' as per instructions listed on page 7 of How to Install Paint.Net plugins....♫...just a thought - i upgraded this comp. about a month ago & curly lines is the 1st plugin i have tried since, i notice that it is being downloaded as 'caroline/pc/user' - i am the administrator on this - would that have anything to do with it???  i promise this is the last question i will ask on this - if it is not solvable i wll take it to my computer guy.   many thank for your patience....

Start at the beginning.

1. Download a fresh copy of the plugin.  Get it from here: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/25591-curly-lines-plugin-updated-to-v11a-19th-nov-2012/

2. Locate the Zipped file you downloaded and unzip it.  If necessary, you may need to unblock it.

3. Copy the unzipped file CurlyLines.dll into your Paint.NET/Effects folder.

4. Restart Paint.NET.

5. Look in the Effects > Render menu for the plugin.

Under your own posts, there is an "edit" button. If you just need to add to your previous post, use that instead of adding a new post. Thanks!

(I removed the extra post for you ;) )

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Start at the beginning.

1. Download a fresh copy of the plugin.  Get it from here: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/25591-curly-lines-plugin-updated-to-v11a-19th-nov-2012/

2. Locate the Zipped file you downloaded and unzip it.  If necessary, you may need to unblock it.

3. Copy the unzipped file CurlyLines.dll into your Paint.NET/Effects folder.

4. Restart Paint.NET.

5. Look in the Effects > Render menu for the plugin.

thank you so much - no luck - i actually tried to install a program i already had fromPaint.Net & it would not allow me to open it either ...so i am very reluctant to blame a machine for my own incompetence - but i do believe there is somethng very wrong when you are denied access to something you already have installed & using - i will take it back & find out 'what's gone wrong'.....i am so vey grateful to you all...♥

Take a screenshot of your Paint.NET/Effects folder showing as many files as possible.  Upload it to an image hosting site and post the link here.

• 4 weeks later...

You should only download plugins for Paint.Net from this forum or you may bring home something you didn't want to.   ;)

Edited by skullbonz
  • Upvote 1

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

• 2 weeks later...

are there a newer versions of panelling, brick, jittler, and jumble pluglns? I do have 3.5.11 paint.net which i downloaded from GetPaint.net. I would love to learn how to make things like the one in the tutorials. When I downloaded them from what I read in the chat, it would not work. So far I love this site and its my first time being on here. so far I have learn so much from this but there are some plugins like i said before, i have trouble to get those. 

Hey Star32!  Welcome :grin:

You should be fine downloading the plugins from the Plugins section of this forum.  Despite their apparent age, the plugins you mentioned are the most recent versions available.

To find more information, check out the Plugin Index (link in my signature).  In the Index I list the original Release Date and the Plugin Status - look for ones that are flagged as Active.

Keep in mind- though many of the plugins were first posted years ago and thus SEEM to be old, most are updated frequently and can be rather new despite their apparent age.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

ok i dont understand. i installed the newest version of paint.net. and im trying to get the pluggins to use the circle text. i have reinstalled several times and used both the appilcation for the pluggins m-something v23 with like a whole bunch. and zip file as well to maually add the pluggins to the effects folder under program files>paint.net>effects> copy and paste .dll and still nothing is showing up on my paint.net program. i have like 7 catagories only on effects with none of the newer stuff.. someone please help?

ok i dont understand. i installed the newest version of paint.net. and im trying to get the pluggins to use the circle text. i have reinstalled several times and used both the appilcation for the pluggins m-something v23 with like a whole bunch. and zip file as well to maually add the pluggins to the effects folder under program files>paint.net>effects> copy and paste .dll and still nothing is showing up on my paint.net program. i have like 7 catagories only on effects with none of the newer stuff.. someone please help?

also when i look at plugin load error, on paint. it says i have 533 load errors. i dunno what that means. but it will pop up a box saying 1 of 533 and so on. i am either doing something wrong or something is going on...

Could you post a screen shot of your Paint.NET/Effects folder?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Where did you download your plugins?

How to install plugins into Paint.net

Step 1: Right click the Paint.Net shortcut

Step 2: Click "open file location"

Step 3: Go into the effects folder

Step 4: Paste the plugin into that folder

Step 5: There is no step 5, you've already  got the plugin in! Congratulations! :D

@Crimden: Yes, but that's a very incomplete list.  ;-)  That's why we have the full list of directions, you see.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Elderly first-post computer idiot here...hope I'm posting in the right place.

Loving using Paint.net for post-processing my scanned 35mm negatives. Also admiring the v helpful community you have here. No, really ; )

There are just a couple of tools I want that only come as plugins. Like this one: <No>

1) Does it still exist?

2) If yes - can I get it without installing a whole other bunch of effects I really don't need/want, ie by itself?

3) If no - anyone know of another, similar plugin? (I've looked and looked and can only find that one so far)

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Removed link to software pirates

OK folks, I found it! Or one pretty much like it:

Camera Lens Distortion

If anyone knows of an alternative, perhaps better, lens-distortion-correction p-i, please say. But this one seems to work fine.

PS. I know there's a tool like this originating in Korea (linked elsewhere in Paint), but when I downloaded and installed it (it moved itself to 'render' in the effets sub-menu) it opened in a separate window and sat there - didn't link to my image at all (?!))

PPS. You guys probably know this already, but DrewDale

kindly warned me to beware of the site I linked in my first post - illegal and unsafe. My apologies.

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Edited link

I've edited your last few posts to

A. Remove the link to software pirates, and ..

B. Correctly link to the forum thread for Camera Lens Distortion.

All reputable Paint.NET plugins are released via this forum. Either get them from here, or from links posted here. DO NOT TRUST PLUGINS FROM ANYWHERE ELSE. Please - it's for your own good. The link you initially provided is operated by software pirates. They have been proven to bundle viruses with the plugin pack.

To locate plugins by name or author, or to download the free listings (updated monthly) - see this thread Plugin Index

• Upvote 1

I've updated the first post in this thread to include your warning and my response steps, EER.  Hopefully more people will see it now (and it can be a good link for us to use).