Nemos gallery - UPDATE 22/10/09 SOTW entry + Murray!

nemo

Lol Strange that you are working on a piece like that Nemo.... i have a wip pertaining to that subject you made the bottle for :lol:

i guess great minds think alike eh mate? I am going for the grungy look on mine because of the new movie coming out. I can't wait to see it either.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

Thankyou everyone :D

@Welsh: Maybe hanging out with strange men in big hats but ill pass on the dresses :lol: , glad you like the good v evil sig too :D

@Chad: Heh guess so, i was bored and was talknig to Soka about the new film so i thought i would make something unusual, other than a character

@HELEN: Thankyou :D I tried to get the shine right, glad you like it

@Yellowman: :lol: there is going to be a larger piece of it soon, when i get a minute or two im going to post up the re-done version. A few kinks to sort out that the eagle eyed AFG spotted (like the top is a bit off etc :oops: ). Ill make a thumbnail just for you to click :wink:

@Soka: :lol: youv'e got it :lol:

@DS: I know right?! ahh gotta love looking back at the old Disneys, i used to watch 101 dalmations roughly 3 times a week when i was little..obsession or passion? call it what you will :shock: :lol: 8)

Heres a wip of a hween piece..its of no priority but its coming along nicely. Hoping to get this complete for hween among several over pieces :)

4gff8.jpg

If you would like any of the earlier stages of development please just ask. Simple painting really, anyone can do it as long as you know shades...working on a tutorial for some of my more complex painting techniques/effects but dont expect anything soon :wink:

Plans for this piece:

I already have a name and idea of what i want doing in my head. Implimenting them will be the tricky part. I am hoping to get a character to it and bring it to life somewhat..once i release the title i hope that some of you will realise what it is based on :D

i find it easy to work with a blurred image as a base* then fill in detail later. This is going to be just the base of the skull :)

edit: most simple example i can think of is you know when people paint models they often give it a base colour? i basically do the same on most of my pieces (a lot of the time its not needed). Great way to help you figure out where the shading tones and such will need to go when you start on detailed areas :wink:

very nice i cant wait for the tut :D... oh yeah i am making some web 2.0 buttons :D... also am preparing a tut for web buttons and such with my web 2.0 button being the starter.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"