Nemos gallery - UPDATE 22/10/09 SOTW entry + Murray!

nemo

--Please note this will NOT be on page 1 as i dont think its good enough :lol:--

Ok guys so heres something i worked on for a little while this morning, its my first 'official' attempt to make a picture using a photograph so i hope you like it. The lighter was a picture and the flame is 100% pdn, nothing special overall but i think it looks nice when put together?

I used blue for the base colour because all fire has a blue inner (especially the more powerful the flame). Here is what i think ill class as the finished piece, im really pleased with it :). I know its not exactly a realistic flame but i like this :roll:

From this:

2z3s85h.png

To this:

hwbes3.png

@Sam: I personally made a curved line then did a transparent gradiant of a slightly lighter shade of colour as a highlight. HELEN is the glossy queen she could probably give you better info than me as i did this as i went along :lol:

@HELEN: You got me :lol:, the flame was my original attempt at water but i stopped at this stage because i thought it looked nice

@Welsh & Superferd: Yup the flame is pdn but lighter (obviously) isnt. Ill have to go back and play around in pdn using the techniques again before/if i make a tutorial to get some settings for people to get the best result :D *scuttles off to pdn*

Heres my latest (bad) attempt at water..its all 100% pdn. I am currently trying to remember how the hell i did this but i think it looks quite nice?. If i can think of a easy way to do it ill make a tutorial..if i can get rid of the cloudy background that would make it even better (although i use clouds in the water so this may be tricky)

28jvcwl.png

Its in the first stages but im sure ill get there :lol:

Heres my latest (bad) attempt at water..its all 100% pdn. I am currently trying to remember how the hell i did this but i think it looks quite nice?. If i can think of a easy way to do it ill make a tutorial..if i can get rid of the cloudy background that would make it even better (although i use clouds in the water so this may be tricky)

28jvcwl.png

Its in the first stages but im sure ill get there :lol:

Actually, that's a pretty good attempt. If it was me, I would make the water a bit more straight coming down, add a few mist here and there, and motion blur it. I like the brown because it makes me think there's rock behind the water, and it gives it a rough feel to it. I think the mist can be done using paintbrush, radial blur, and maybe Gaussian blur. Keep trying.

Nice job with the ribbons and bell. Not yet time for Christmas, but it's better to be ahead than not to be, I say!

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

:lol: Thanks Lance, ill have a go at that. I used zoom blur at one point rather than radial, ill give it a go :). And ahh i may make a christmas set of pictures, im working on a Halloween set atm :twisted:

EDIT: oh here is a little something i whipped up. I made a art nouveau style flower and lowered the transparency to about 24 above a nice deep purple background. I think it gives it a nice stencil feel. Simple but quite nice :) (im really sorry for those of you who cannot see it because it has turned out fainter than i antisipated)

15ntyyg.jpg