GIF file type giving a strange error

I'm working with saving an image as a gif, using an indexed palette. When I save it as a gif, it opens fine but the issue arises when I try to analyze it. The analyzer says it cannot read the file. 

The specific issue stems from a program that reads the colours and pixels in the image and converts them to locations for purpose of making pixel comments in video games. The program can't read gif files made in paint.net but works just fine with gif's made in GIMP.

I attached a gif file I made in paint.net so you can analyze for yourself.

112gg.gif

33 minutes ago, mrallgames said:

The specific issue stems from a program that reads the colours and pixels in the image and converts them to locations for purpose of making pixel comments in video games.

Without knowing what program you are referring to it will be hard to diagnose this.

Paint.NET uses the GIF saving code that is built-in to Windows (Windows Imaging Component), and GIMP uses its own GIF saving code.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

39 minutes ago, AndrewDavid said:

right click - save as - see the .gif extension?

I thought a .gif was supposed to move?  Doesn't for me 🤔

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

47 minutes ago, Tactilis said:

Only if it is an animated GIF.

So I learned something today, after I looked GIF up 😬

"GIF images are widely used on the Web because the format is compressed and takes up less space."  😁

(I'd assumed they were all animated).  t1810.gif

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.