How to turn hand drawing design into a digital image

Hi everyone. I hope you all well in this very uncertain times!

I have fast draw a freehand image in a piece of paper and have scanned the first draft just to see how the process works. I have cleaned the white background using the "magick wand" tool. From here I start getting lost since I see that the sketche is a little light on screen and just by doubling the layer is not enough to have a precise line.

Is there a plugin that can map out and add color to the lines or I have to go by hand using "Line&Curve" tool to accomplish a nice line for the design?

Most of my designs are for coloring and for this reason I don't need to mess with colors. However I need to learn the best protocol to turn my hand drawn designs into a nice image for printing.

Now, some of my drawing are more sofisticated and contains geometric shapes (mandalas, etc), so to speed up my workflow is there a tool to quickly map out my sketches?

Many Thanks

1 DRAFT CROWN.jpeg

Hello Roferli

I often scan hand drawn images and wrote my Two tone threshold adjustment plugin to help with cleaning the background and making lines darker.
You can also choose the black on a transparent background option which makes recolouring using Object2Colour easy.
Once the lines are an 'object' they can be thickened using my Grow plugin set to 'Alpha - grow objects', or any of the other outline object plugins.

The AAAssistant plugin may help to smooth edges too, once the lines are an object on their own layer.

For Mandala type patterns I recommend shapemaker and you should also take a look at AndrewDavid's shapes here.

Good luck

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

38 minutes ago, ROFERLI said:

how to make them look like a nice stroke

If I understand you right, then the easiest way to achieve that is by tracing over your drawing with the Line / Curve tool and the Shapes tool. No amount of editing can match that. 

If you insist in editing the hand-drawn scan, in addition to the plugins you and @Red ochre mention above, you may also find his Alpha-threshold and Stray Pixel RemoverFeather Object and AA's Assistant useful.

• Like 2

Xkds4Lh.png

9 hours ago, Djisves said:

the easiest way to achieve that is by tracing over your drawing with the Line / Curve tool and the Shapes tool. No amount of editing can match that. 

+1 and I'd recommend ShapeMaker for doing this.

The best way of creating a digital image.......is to create a digital image :). I bought a cheap drawing tablet to do this sort of work. I almost always use ShapeMaker to go over the outlines afterwards.