Goonfella`s Gallery - New Frontiers 28.02.16

Goonfella

New picture . I`ve called it `Horizons'. More of a photo manipulation this one based on this tut -

http://www.psdtop.com/blog/photo-effect ... sea-light/

I`ve tried to make it a bit different from the tut by the addition of a moon and rings around the planet.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Thanks Helen. It was the peaceful nature of the pic that attracted me to it.

Minoeman - Take a look here -

http://www.3dtotal.com/team/Tutorials_2 ... ets_01.asp

Of course you can choose your own textures/colours to suit the effect you`re after. It`s surpising how realistic this method is.

Stormy - I thought you were losing your marbles for a bit! :lol::lol:

welshblue - I guess everything does seem purple at the moment! Even if I am feeling blue! :lol:

You`ve got a good chance of winning it now. :wink:

The Horizons is fantastic, I like this version more than the one in the tut, you know why?

Because I feel that I am standing on Titan( one of Saturn's moons) and watch Saturn rising up from the horizon, If you check Titan moon you'll know what I am talking about. :idea: the rings of Saturn could be much better if you use the Radial Blur plugin with large angle.

Thanks very much yellowman :D:D . I`ve read plenty about Titan and I know exactly what you mean. You`re referring to the lakes of liquid methane. I suppose there is a resemblance.

As for the rings - I`ll give radial blur a shot like you suggested.

Done that and replaced the image with the new one. Thanks. :D

After going back and looking again I prefer the original - so thats back again.I felt the rings were too blurry. Nice idea but not my cup of tea. Sorry. :D

Yes I`ve seen that and used it for the rings in this image -

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd34 ... Planet.jpg

I`ve got it bookmarked along with all the other space related tuts on the forum :D

Just thought I would try a different method for this one -

http://www.biorust.com/tutorials/detail/54/en/

Having tried out both methods now, I think jsonchiu`s method in PDN is best and I`m not just saying that because I`m on a PDN forum! :D I think the results are far more realistic. Thanks for the tip anyway. :wink:

OH :shock: Goonfella thats so awesome, I allready started a trip to there by PDN :D I made a bout 5 to 6 images but they are not good as you do and other friends, look like guys you are spending long time for doing these pieces, specially the Nebula thing :|

Is the a thread under space umbrella , we should create one what do you think?

yellowman - Thanks. My first ones were not particularly good either but after doing a few tuts you soon get the hang of it. I have found nebulas hardest to get right but its getting there gradually.

I think a space umbrella section sounds like a good idea. :wink:

Stormy - It might even come back to haunt us like in the Star Trek movie! :lol:

Incredibly both Voyagers 1 & 2 are STILL sending back data! :D They are reaching the very end of the suns influence and are on their way into interstellar space. Your question got me wondering as well so I did a bit of digging -

http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/mission/mission.html

Wow. I didn't think that antiqued equipment would still be sending data. Still, that is great. I would love to travel amongst the stars and see the wonder of the universe.

Keep it up, Goon, and maybe your wish would be granted that there will be a Space Scene Umbrella.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Thanks welshblue. There are no `knots' here though! :lol: God what a ropey joke!

I`ve just spotted a slight mistake in it though. There is no shadow behind Voyager as there is with the planet. It still looks OK but I might have a fiddle just to see what I can do. It might even look worse with a shadow.