Goonfella`s Gallery - New Frontiers 28.02.16

Goonfella

Like Minoeman said. Aside from the critique, though, you know me, I love your spacescapes, "Horizons" is just so fantastic. I could look at your scapes for hours and not get bored. Really nice; it sets just the perfect mood! :P

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Welshblue - thanks for that , the `rocks' weren`t exactly planned though :lol:

I find you can learn so much from using other tuts, although sometimes it does show up PDN`s lack of certain features - like a proper dodge/burn tool. I used Oma`s blur painting method on the mountains instead. :D

Stormy - thanks . It`s quite a basic tut but a nice one. :D

Minoeman - the planet/moon never had textures in the tut and it was a very `minimalist' pic anyway ( if that makes sense) so I didn`t want to spoil it by adding unnecessary detail. Plus I mainly did this one for the landscape . It`s too late to add textures now anyway. I could add them but it would mean a huge rework of the pic. Thank for the suggestion though :wink:

Helen - what a nice thing to say. Thanks very much. :wink:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Man your stuff just keep getting better and better. I am just amazed at how real your work looks. I love the space scapes, they look like paintings on book covers I read when I was younger (and that was a long time ago). Very very nice. I wish I had a better vocabulary so I could use bigger words to describe how good I think your work it.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took a while to reply but thanks Yellowman! :wink:

This latest pic(on P1) is my entry in a mouse drawing challenge on PDN Fanatics forum run by Drakaan.

I just thought I might as well post it here as well as it goes nicely with all the other Apple products I `ve done.

Goon, that mouse looks really good. I remember it being almost transparent at the top and you could see the grain of the mouse beneath the transparency. That is definetely the closest thing to a real one though. I hope you win this contest, dude.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

I saw the picture, and I don't want to sound mean or anything, but I felt there was too much red/orange in the picture. I liked the background and the swirls that decorated the background. It seem to give a retro feel to the picture with the old Chevy in the middle, and I say, "Good job," because I think that was what you were aiming for, no?

I saw the picture, and I don't want to sound mean or anything, but I felt there was too much red/orange in the picture. I liked the background and the swirls that decorated the background. It seem to give a retro feel to the picture with the old Chevy in the middle, and I say, "Good job," because I think that was what you were aiming for, no?

Helen - thanks for the nice words :wink:

Stormy - It`s not to everyones taste I know. The colour does stand out a bit. I just couldn`t make my mind up which colour to use and then I tried this one and just thought to hell with it let`s see what response this gets! But you are right , there is too much orange. Thanks for commenting. :wink:

Helen - thanks for the nice words :wink:

Stormy - It`s not to everyones taste I know. The colour does stand out a bit. I just couldn`t make my mind up which colour to use and then I tried this one and just thought to hell with it let`s see what response this gets! But you are right , there is too much orange. Thanks for commenting. :wink: