Goonfella`s Gallery - New Frontiers 28.02.16

Goonfella

If you mean Voyager, it was a picture I got off Google and resized for the pic so I think its as detailed as it `ll ever be. If I started adding things on I would probably ruin it. :)

Glad you like Saturn though. It`s the first thing you notice when you look at the pic so it needs to make a good impression. :wink:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

That`s because it was! :D

There`s no way I could make that from scratch so I cut one out of an image as best I could. I know it`s not perfect but I could not think of any other way of adding the spacecraft. I could not find a render which would obviously have worked much better. If you know where to find a suitable one I would be happy to replace the one I`ve got - if it looks better. :wink:

Meanwhile this one will have to do for now.

Hang on I`ll have to have another look myself! :D

Just one tip - don`t delete the PDN file, you`ll never know when you`ll need it! In other words I can`t really remember much about how I did it so I went to see if the PDN file would jog my memory but I`ve deleted it. :oops:

I really can`t remember. Sorry. Glad you like it though, thanks for mentioning it. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

welshblue - I think my planet is too luxurious. Stick him on Venus - he`ll be crushed,fried,and blown away!

stormy - pulsars eh? Never tried them before. Nice idea for the future.

Helen , I think you`ll be surprised with what I`ve added so far.

Minoeman - thanks.

Thanks for all the comments and ideas.Here`s the latest (still a WIP) -

th_AuroraWIP.jpg

Are stocks used? :shock: :shock: Even so, I am really, truly, fantastically amazed! I am utterly surprised at the result--just like you said. I can't even explain in words as how strongly I feel about this piece!!!!!!!! (Welshblue likes to do the same, too) :lol:

It's beautiful!!!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Yes Helen, stocks are used. The planet is all PDN , and also most of the starry background. I used various images blended together for the rest, a landscape,clouds and the aurora.

I`m quite pleased with how it came out as it`s not based on any tutorials(which is unusual for me) and I havn`t done many photo manips before. Glad you like it. :wink:

I`m quite pleased with how it came out as it`s not based on any tutorials(which is unusual for me) and I havn`t done many photo manips before. Glad you like it. :wink:

Either way, Goon, you pulled it off. Now, let see if you can actually create a landscape blending with a spacescape without using stock. :D

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

]th_AuroraWIP.jpg

:shock: oh now this is the way to use stocks! world of difference from this to those one little stock, with smudge I often see around the forum. absolutlely marvelous. Your colorization/combination chose is extremely pleasing to view. since there isn't a smilie for mega thumbs up needs I'll just throw confetti :AddNoise: :AddNoise: :AddNoise: :AddNoise:

ciao

OMA

Stormy - the Titanic did sink and they learnt from it but it still took time to build another boat :D

I`m still learning how to build my rivets, let alone a boat! :lol:

Oma - thanks very much. I know what you mean about stocks. It`s not what you use , it`s how you use them that matters I think. Looking at some of the spectacular space art made in PS , a lot of them use stocks for the best effect .

welshblue - thanks . Bad luck about the other night. At least you weren`t humiliated by them again. I can only hope we get some revenge when we play them again in the league.

Finished the Aurora pic. I only made a few subtle changes in the end. The main ones were reducing the opacity of the Aurora layer which made the stars a bit more visible and adding a comet passing over the horizon.Oh and I tried to do what Stormy suggested and get the Aurora reflecting off the water. Nice idea. Thanks Stormy.

Hope you like it. :wink:

fantastic image, it is really a piece from the imagination, like a dream, I like every thing in it you were successful in organizing every object, but I'm wondering if you can put all the stars (they are stars right?) behind the clouds and the trees, I don't know if someone else have this feeling that the planet and the stars are closer to us than the horizon, I looked attentively to the image to find why I have this feeling.!...I think if you delete the stars from the clouds and the trees will help much better, hope so, but if this is just something in my mind then just keep it like that, its amazing :o .

Well Stormy you asked for a landscape 100% PDN and now you`ve got one! :D

Hope you like it. It was made with the help of this tut -

http://www.adobetutorialz.com/articles/2901/1/Night-Sky

The hardest part was definitely the mountain on the horizon, hence the name. Plus doing the landscape in PDN was opening new horizons for me as well. As soon as I saw this tut I just knew I had to give it a go.

And for you welshblue you said the last one was good enough to frame so I framed this one instead! :D

See how I think of you all? :lol: