How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for PdN v4.2.12 and beyond (Updated July 16, 2020)

BoltBait

• BoltBait changed the title to BoltBait's Plugin Pack for PdN v4.1 and beyond. (Updated September 22, 2018)
  • BoltBait pinned and featured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, hippolippo said:

Why do I need to give this administrator permissions?

Administrator permissions are required by Windows to install files in the Program Files directory.

If you have the classic install of Paint.NET, that's where these plugins are going to be installed.

You can be sure that my plugins are safe as they have been vetted by MANY users here on the forums... and I'm a moderator here.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:37 PM, BoltBait said:

I have always been a fan of shorter UI's and in this pack I take advantage of some new functionality in Paint.NET v4.1 that allows for a more compressed look.

How can we (plugin authors) do this?

My batch Image Processor: https://imagenator.codeplex.com

On 9/9/2018 at 11:37 AM, BoltBait said:

I have always been a fan of shorter UI's and in this pack I take advantage of some new functionality in Paint.NET v4.1 that allows for a more compressed look.

On 10/20/2018 at 1:13 AM, ArgusMagnus said:

How can we (plugin authors) do this?

These graphics I prepared should give you some ideas.

The colorwheel control now has 3 different sizes to choose from:

ColorwheelChoices.png

As big as the "Alpha (Largest)" colorwheel control is, it is still smaller than having a separate alpha slider.  And, you can make it even smaller by hiding the colorwheel's reset button.  Not all controls have reset buttons. So, I think hiding the colorwheel control's reset button shouldn't hurt usability that much and saves you quite a bit of vertical real estate.

NewGradientUI.png

Before we had a filename control, we had to use a string control followed by a button control:

FileNameControl.png

Use CodeLab to generate the code for you after using the Interface Designer.

ColorwheelChoices.png

• Upvote 1

• BoltBait changed the title to BoltBait's Plugin Pack for PdN v4.1 and beyond. (Updated December 1, 2018)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for this plugin pack. After years of using PS commercially, I'm using paint.net at home because of budget as I am getting some graphics ready for streaming.

So I thought I'd send you a greeting and let you know that your hard work is very much appreciated. 😄

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, Bevan said:

Thanks for the awesome tools and hope things are cool in your world.

Thanks!

Things have been really tight for a long time, but they're starting to turn around.  If my luck holds out, I should be OK soon.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ! Thank you for this amazing work.

I use these plugins since a few months and it's very useful.

I recently reinstalled Paint.NET and all of my plugins but I don't understand something with the Gradient/Outlined Text tool : I can only use the plugin with the basics Microsoft fonts, no more with my custom fonts. I reinstalled Paint.NET one more time and it changes nothing... Don't know why ! Thanks a lot for your help ! 😁

z49t.png

Sorry, but not all fonts are compatible with the plugin.

The plugin requires fonts that are compatible with GDI+ (the graphics library that I'm using in that plugin).  Those fonts include TrueType, but not OpenType or PostScript fonts.

• Like 1

• BoltBait changed the title to BoltBait's Plugin Pack for PdN v4.2.10 and beyond. (Updated February 23, 2020)

I'm a big fan of the new icons! 👍

• 3 weeks later...

BoltBait Plugin Pack Refresh!

Now that CodeLab v6.0 is out there, I had some time to revisit my plugin pack. I've made some large and some small changes.

BoltBait pack v5.1 new features:
- I completely rewrote my Feather plugins (Object Feather and Selection Feather).  The new algorithm is the best yet. (See images below for details.)
- Updated features (look around, you might find something interesting in your favorite plugin)
- Bug fixes (Color Balance plugin fixed, other fixes...)

So, if you're a fan of my plugins, I recommend downloading my pack again and refreshing the plugins on your computer.

Feather

I have never been happy with the algorithm in my Feather plugins. The one thing I always wanted to do was help people make really great composite images, cut-outs.  The problem is, once someone uses the magic wand to select and delete the background, there is always a little bit of white left around the edges.  My new Feather algorithm is perfect for dealing with that little bit of left overs.  Here's a picture to illustrate what I mean:

NewFeatherUI.png

Click on the image to see it full sized.

THANKS!

A big "thanks" goes out to @welshblue and @Ego Eram Reputo and @toe_head2001 for testing the new Feather algorithm during development and giving me valuable feedback.  The new algorithm went through a few rounds of changes and it is MUCH better because of your input.

Also, a big "thanks" goes out to everyone who reports bugs in my plugins!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3
  • Hooray 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, first post here...Just recently when I use the Color Balance plugin and finish with the suitable color adjustments, I press 'o.k.' to save but those adjustments go back to the original. Just cannot get it to save the color changes I apply. Love this plugin, always worked until recently. Please help...thanks.

• BoltBait changed the title to BoltBait's Plugin Pack for PdN v4.2.12 and beyond (Updated July 16, 2020)

Hi BoltBait, 

I love your work, sincere thanks to you.

However, I wanted to give you a feedback on a "potential bug" in your pack.

In the latest version of your pack, the "Object Shadow" effect is EXACTLY the same as "Object Shadow Pro".

Is it possible to have again, via a small update, "Object Shadow" like v4.6 ? (like the version I send as an attachment) 

I love both versions and I use them for different tasks especially since version 4.6 of "Object Shadow" is excellent and very simple.

Thank you very much for what you do for the community and hope to get a positive response from you.

(Sorry for my bad english i'm french)

Object Shadow.png