How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for PdN v4.2.12 and beyond (Updated July 16, 2020)

BoltBait

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just installed your plugin pack and it informed me there was an updated version (5.1) available and it proceeded to download it form your website and I installed it. The 4.7 file passes virus total just fine but the 5.1 file come back with a positive result for Trojan.Malware.300983.susgen (link to virus total for the file). False positive?

Hi, not sure if this is where I should post this but I didn't find any place better.

Just wanted to report a bug with the Render > Polygon/Stars tool, if you set the vertices to 100 (nvm that doesn't seem to matter), rotation to 90 degrees (default), line size to 1 and anti aliasing off it crashes paint.net. Hope this helps, this is my favorite plugin pack for any program so I felt obligated to report.

Edited by OneOf99

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't seem to get the Chart or Graph plugin to work. Here is the error log.

Cheers for the awesome plugin pack nevertheless!

File: C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects\BBChart.dll
      Name: BBChart.EffectPlugin
      Version: 1.0.7358.33924
      Author: Copyright ©2019 BoltBait
      Copyright: Render a chart or graph
      Full error message: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
   at BBChart.ChartBuilder..ctor()
   at BBChart.EffectPluginConfigDialog.InitializeComponent()
   at BBChart.EffectPlugin.CreateConfigDialog()
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(IEffectInfo effectInfo) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 846

49 minutes ago, GraphicalGenius said:

I can't seem to get the Chart or Graph plugin to work.

There's an upgrade available here:

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/114530-boltbaits-charts-and-graphs-plugin-v02-updated-jun-22-2019/?tab=comments#comment-586630

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, thunder88 said:

Bolt bait , Can You Give Me This Pack Without Admin rights Because I Forgetten my password before 2 days , so i using my son's standard account , so plz give me non admin rights 

You can download the .dll files themselves at the bottom of the first post of this thread.

To install them, follow these instructions:

https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/InstallPlugins.html#4

Follow the section for Windows Store Version.

5 minutes ago, BillWoo said:

Emsisoft quarantined the program

No one on this forum can do anything about this.

You should complain directly to Emsisoft about the false positive.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

I would uninstall Emsisoft and just stick with Windows Defender.

Lots of non-Defender security software _loves_ to flag just about any kind of "installer" as "malware". It's unproductive.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

@toe_head2001 @Rick Brewster @taoyue

I'm a newcomer to this forum, but a "veteran" C# programmer (ask to see my scars) :)

I really appreciate this project, and the collective energy that has gone into it, and I look forward to studying how to create a plug-in.

imho, Taoyue's plug-in that opens PhotoShop files is a hidden gem that deserves "front page banner heading stratus" !

I will notify Emsisoft of this "false positive," and submit the installer to them for analysis, but, I do think ... I hope ... my posting a report on it here. so the author, BoltBait, is aware of it is a socially constructive response.

"Never ignore an error" is a credo I've learned to live by ... the hard way :)

thanks, Bill Woodruff

Edited by BillWoo
minor content revision

13 hours ago, BillWoo said:

I hope ... my posting a report on it here. so the author, BoltBait, is aware of it is a socially constructive response.

Thanks for the report. But, please understand there’s nothing I can do to fix poorly written virus software… and there are soooo many of them. 

10 hours ago, BoltBait said:

Thanks for the report. But, please understand there’s nothing I can do to fix poorly written virus software… and there are soooo many of them. 

Hi, Turns out it was Windows Firewall blocked your installer, not Emsisoft.

Thanks for these very useful plug-ins !

Ideally. I'd like to be able to perform multiple strokes, in different widths and colors, on one selection; I will continue my study of Paint to see if there's a way to do that. Of course, I can select-copy-paste into new layer, resize, re-stroke with your Outline tool ... lack of ability to precisely control re-size is a limiting factor.

fyi: I tried to send you a small donation today via PayPal, but, right now, I can't link to my savings account: PayPal is busy screwing all its users in Thailand with new rules ... probably forced to so by the government.

cheers, Bill

An example of what I'd like to do with multiple stroking: the number of repetitions of opening your Outline filter, setting stroke width and color, and stroking, undoing, trying again ... were enough to give my fingers cramps ;) I say this not to criticize your excellent work, but, to illustrate what might be done. The yellow quartz gem is a bit-map; the octagonal frame over it drawn with a PN tool.

25990139_45.877caratLemonQuartz24.33x23.52x16_06mm.thumb.png.7ae659f94a28c5ec3f7d7b8b3c5cd018.png:)

Edited by BillWoo
minor correction

@BillWoo This can be done 2 ways easily:

If you want to "stroke" the selection outline (marching ants) do it this way:

1. Start by calculating the width of all strokes you wish to add.  In your example above, it might be 27 (5 px per color, and 2 for the black line)
  2. Starting with the innermost color, stroke (Effects > Selection > Outline Selection) the innermost color with a width of 27. Click OK.
  3. Working outwards, stroke each color with a width of the previous stroke minus the width of the current color (5px), so 22 for the second color. Click OK.
  4. Finish by feathering the selection.

If you want to "stroke" an object (pixels surrounded by transparent pixels) do it this way:

1. Press Ctrl+D to clear out any selection you might have.
  2. Start with the innermost color and stroke (Effects > Object > Outline Object) the innermost color with the width of that color, so 5. Click OK.
  3. Working outwards, stroke each color with the desired width. Click OK