toe_head2001

Object of the Fortnight – Discussion thread

I agree the theme is probably a dead horse, but I'm preparing an entry, which I'd kind of like to submit even if it's ultimately closed down for lack of interest.  I thought this would be a theme theme would attract a fair amount of interest. I realize after working on my entry what a difficult theme it actually is.

I don't think there's a lack of interest; it's just a very difficult object. Lots of textures and what not.

The last last two rounds (Kitchen Knife and Vase) had plenty of entries; especially Vase.

I think a little more discretion just needs to be used when setting the object.

Don't be afraid to say no to an object; just be nice about it. :) I had to do it a few times when I was the host.

Objects with simple geometric shapes tend to receive more entries. Compare Pencil to High Heel.

My two cents.

Edited by toe_head2001
  • Like 1

Yes, I thought this week's theme was quite difficult.  I also agree, that keeping it to simpler things, will attract more entries :)

• Like 1

I guess two entries is enough to hold a vote, but I sort of expected it would be cancelled due to lack of interest. I honestly thought the Pizza-Slice theme would attract a reasonable number of entries.

After seeing Pixey's melty cheese and veggie tidbits, I gave up on mine. :cry: I do want to try this comp. Please keep it going.

^ ^  :) Many thankies!  We are keeping this going, but are presently awaiting @MJW's next theme.

Halloooooo @MJW  smileys-angstlich-838345.gif

1 hour ago, Pixey said:

^ ^  :) Many thankies!  We are keeping this going, but are presently awaiting @MJW's next theme.

Halloooooo @MJW  smileys-angstlich-838345.gif

I have had a PM from @MJW and he's currently thinking of a suitable theme that will draw in a few more entrants, I hope to launch the next one by this Friday (20th) B) 

Firstly apologies to @DrewDale after the kitchen knife comp.  In fact I would have voted for MJW's knife ... and he would have won the toss of a coin ... so the result is the same.

The past few months have been a bit like pushing fog up hill, so my online time has been  non-existent, so not ignoring as such ... just resting. 

A bit more treatment but fingers crossed I should be up to participating here again.  Not a lot more they can remove without turning me into Steve Austin ?

Great theme this time 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@Ego Eram Reputo @Pixey  @seerose ... thanks guys.  It'll take a bit more than a few cell mutations to see me off.  Thanks to the great NHS

One thing I would say to anyone ... never ignore unexplained black marks under your toenails.  Especially your big toe.  They're not always innocuous ...

Great to see you back here again, welshblue! I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems.

I submitted an entry for OOTF#26 (Hourglass), but I thought it was very difficult.

Did the best I could...didn't want to spend too much time on it.  It is what it is.

I request that the Hourglass OOTF entry period not be closed on July 29th. It was opened on July 19th, which is only about ten days, instead of the usual fourteen. It's quite a difficult theme, and my entry will probably not be completed by tomorrow.

10 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

Fixed.

I changed the closing date myself on July 27 and extended it to August 3rd. What do you mean fixed ?

13 hours ago, DrewDale said:

I changed the closing date myself on July 27 and extended it to August 3rd.

Indeed, and therefore, I changed the topic's auto-lock to match your specified date so it wouldn't close prematurely.

Thus, I said "Fixed", rather than "Extended". :)

Edited by toe_head2001
Clarification

Well, I certainly appreciate what you both did. I hope my entry will justify the extra time.

Only just noticed the banner in the OOTF thread.  It's pretty amazing what is created.  Kudos to one and all 

I'm really sorry I didn't submit an entry for the Bell Pepper theme. It's a subject I've wanted to try for a while. Unfortunately, the approach I used for my first attempt didn't work out, and I've been so busy the last couple of weeks that I didn't have time to come up with another method. Fortunatly, there are quite a few excellent entries to choose from. I doubt I could have produced something as good.

Shame.  Was looking forward to your take.

Personally, I found it difficult and in the end went for 5 S3D Cylinders, the eraser tool and the good friends paintbrush and blurs.

Agreed about the quality of entries ... all looking better than the ones I've got growing in my garden ?

I'm sure @MJW your entry would have been mightily fine :star:.

But, look at this way, at least you won't have to scratch your head thinking of a new theme next week :lol: