Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Simon Brown

That other app v2.2

61 posts in this topic

Secure Download

If you get a warning, try the unencrypted download.

Despite the brilliance of Paint.NET, sometimes another program is needed to add something to a Paint.NET project. TOA adds an item to the tools menu which allows you to select one of several applications in which the current layer will be opened. That application can then be used to make adjustments, save and when it is closed and you click OK to the dialog - the changes will appear in Paint.NET.

NuDGs.png

The above image has the icons replaced with generic ones.

To use, just click an icon.

You should add some auto-detection for the more popular programs like PSP, Photoshop, and GIMP.

Thank you. This is awesome. This will make it allot easier to jump between programs. Now I “just” have to figure out how to use Artweaver. :lol:

What a cool plugin, really great.

Would apophysis work? And if not is there a work around?

Anything that can take an image and allow the user to save it in the same place easily *should* work.

I have been having a problem with getting Photoshop elements 5.0 to work. When I try the plugin, it opens PSE 5.0 but doesn't open the layer that I was working on... so I can't really edit with the other software.

Awesome idea,while i only use PDN for now,i can see how this just made things a lot more convenient for multi-program users.Way to go!

sure, here you go...

Paint:mspaint

Photoshop Elements 5.0:C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 5.0\Photoshop Elements 5.0.exe

Create an image file and remember the location. Type the following into the command-line, replacing {loc} with the location of your image:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 5.0\Photoshop Elements 5.0.exe" "{loc}"

Is the image loaded when you start it? Also, does MS Paint work?

MS Paint works. I tried what you said and put an image on my desktop named "untitled.png" and then tried the effect and it said "App could not be loaded, please check that it is installed on the machine."

The way I had it previously, it loaded photoshop elements, just didn't open the image layer... :? idk

when I try to add the gimp .exe gimp opens up except it gives me an error message.

I have this installed but I'm not sure how to program it to find what I need. Can you give me an example?

I have this installed but I'm not sure how to program it to find what I need. Can you give me an example?