Sign in to follow this  
Simon Brown

That other app v2.2

Umm... little bug?

Hidden Content:
File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\ThatOtherApp.dll
     Effect Name: ThatOtherApp.EffectPlugin
     Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Coordinates out of range, max={Width=799, Height=599}
Parameter name: (x,y)
Actual value was {X=800,Y=0}.
  at PaintDotNet.Surface.get_Item(Int32 x, Int32 y) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Core\Surface.cs:line 948
  at ThatOtherApp.EffectPlugin.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\Effect.cs:line 163
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 156
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 332
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Join() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 323
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 300
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 260
  at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass19.<>c__DisplayClass1d.b__d() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 736

I've got the lastest version of Paint.Net and I've added this plug-in. Problem is... I don't know how to get it to put GIMP into it's file loader. I can browse for it and find the path, but I'd reather have it there in the tool selection. Any help with?

Umm... little bug?

Hidden Content:
[size=85]File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\ThatOtherApp.dll
     Effect Name: ThatOtherApp.EffectPlugin
     Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Coordinates out of range, max={Width=799, Height=599}
Parameter name: (x,y)
Actual value was {X=800,Y=0}.
  at PaintDotNet.Surface.get_Item(Int32 x, Int32 y) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Core\Surface.cs:line 948
  at ThatOtherApp.EffectPlugin.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\Effect.cs:line 163
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 156
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 332
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Join() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 323
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 300
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 260
  at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass19.<>c__DisplayClass1d.b__d() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 736[/size]

Ditto. :?

Hello Simon,

Thank you for your reply.

There isn't. What do you want to remove? If it's objectively unhelpful I may be able to blacklist it in an update.

I find the forced autodetection feature is subjectively unhelpful.

In the screenshot below, it shows me 42 icons, out of which I currently use exactly one program and may conceivably use another.

In other words, 95% of the icons are not needed. And that is without mentioning duplications.

What I would like is the ability to turn autodetection off and instead use a set of predefined applications.

Is it feasible?

Best,

Alex.

thatotherapp.th.png

• Upvote 1

I love this add on and have been using it ever since you first made it. But I just recently purchased a windows 8 system and have tried running the add on in Paint.Net to use with Gimp. It gives me the option of not using it the add on or closing the whole program down. It won't work. Please tell me how to correct this problem. Thank you in advance!

I ask again. How does one get other programs to appear on the start up screen if it's not there? I have Gimp and would like to include it.

Edited by scryer52

Hi - this is really a computer question .... it's not for the Plugin section.  But, I'll try to help you with this answer .... as well as saving to Taskbar you can also pick "Pin to Start Menu.

lWWpOiK.png

EDIT:  Sorry - I misunderstood this question (Duh) and now see that it refers to the App on page 1.

Hopefully someone else can answer this question for you smiley-ashamed001.gif 

Edited by Pixey

Wow! Awesome plugin! I had this image:

q07FzCNBn.png

I opened it with a random app in my PC and it became this:

q08m7Qegc.png

Edited by Noop

ThatOtherApp is not working for me. When I attempt to use it to call MS Paint to print out the current layer I get a message box with the text "App could not be loaded".

This is my current configuration:

paint.net 4.1.6

Windows 10 64-bit

.NET Version 4.0.30319

What is needed from me in order to debug this plug-in? Since Printer+ does not print images in the way I want, and Print It does not seem to play well with my printer (HP Deskjet 1000) this is the only plug-in that will allow me to print out images.