Paint.NET v3.31 - now available!

This is mostly a servicing release to fix a few important bugs. As usual, get it via the built-in updater (Help -> Check for Updates), or just download directly from the website, http://www.getpaint.net/

Changes since v3.30:

* New: Enabled integration with Window Clippings, which is a high quality screen capture utility by Kenny Kerr.
    * Fixed: Fixed a crash with the Open/Save dialogs if the Documents or Pictures directories were either inaccessible or if the user did not have certain file system permissions.
    * Changed / Fixed: The hotkey for Adjustments -> Levels is now Ctrl+Shift+L instead of Ctrl+Alt+L. This was preventing certain characters, such as the Polish 'ł', from being typed.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I'm currently using PDN 3.30

I saw that PDN was now available at version 3.31 but when I tried to check for updates(including beta), it says there are no updates available. This happened with an older version a while ago.

I'm runnig XP home service pack 2 with .Net Framework 2.0.

EliteOverride25.png

:) Visit-> My Website <-Visit :)

Please Call Me Elite Override

The trick to flying is throwing yourself at the floor and missing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just downloaded Paint.net v3.31, and yes, I'm a newbie. Don't bite. I just need to find someplace that tells how to use it. I'm having problems with layering. How does one do that? I hit the "add a layer" button, and even though I've got three pictures pulled up, nothing seems to happen. For sure, they are not getting intermeshed. Is there a nice instruction booklet PDF for beginners somewhere? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I've gone through and uninstalled/reinstalled the program several times, but still get an error. It says IMM32.dll can not be found and I don't know if it's something wrong in my system or how to fix it. I do know that I was running an earlier version of the program just this morning and it didn't do this.

Any help to the n00bie is greatly appreciated.

I've gone through and uninstalled/reinstalled the program several times, but still get an error. It says IMM32.dll can not be found and I don't know if it's something wrong in my system or how to fix it. I do know that I was running an earlier version of the program just this morning and it didn't do this.

Any help to the n00bie is greatly appreciated.

Hello iconphreak. If you would be so kind to repost that in the Troubleshooting & Bug Reports section, that would be fantastic. This topic is primarily one to declare the official release, and for official releases (i.e. not pre-releases such as betas) troubleshooting like yours is best placed in the correct section of the Forum.

Keeping things together and in some order.

Many thanks, and see you in the Troubleshooting!