Janettsue's Gallery

janettsue

• 2 weeks later...

What I have been working on. I posted a different version of this image in Realistic. The colors in this one are more vivid.

Hidden Content:
777.png

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Thank you oma you make me smile.

Thank you yellowman, while you were leaving a comment on my gallery I was at your gallery admiring your Queen as well as the rest of your gallery.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Three brilliants an adorable, well done, very, very, very nice, unique, cute…

Thank you all so much. Welshblue you made my husband laugh as did oma.

I thought you might like to see how I begin and build an image:

I start with a line drawing. Usually I have some sorce of inspiration. Like oma I love my local library but I also have a foundness for coloring books. Then I start coloring it in a layer at a time. This had 36 layers. Then I flatten and do some smudge. I like to work with a 3200x2400 image right from the start with a 200 or 300 resolution. I ask a lot of my PDN and have to save, close out and begin again to empty the memory of pdn. You would think I would be done then but that's when the real fun starts. I love to duplicate and layer and try everything. It is the artistic effects that I love so much along with soften portrait which I sometimes wish was up there in the artist group. I run different effect on all the duplicate layer and start playing with the mode. I had one layer that was just big dots that I frosted and changed the mode to add texture.

mousepdn2sz.pngmouse3.png

Her world can be anything I want. Baby mice and buterflies would be nice. I didn't draw the buterflies in flight. They started out flat and I think I played with 3D and oblique and kaleidoscope.

mouse2.pngmouse5.png

I don't know how her ear got colored in on the line drawing, mistakes happen and I get confused so I always name my layers well.

Thanks Storm.Shadow. I have used Chaoscope and like the program but these were done with Apophysis. Both programs are fun to work with. One of my fairys on the first page has fractal wings.

Thanks Storm.Shadow. I have used Chaoscope and like the program but these were done with Apophysis. Both programs are fun to work with. One of my fairys on the first page has fractal wings.

I looked at your gallery while I was on my lunch break today and was 10 minutes late getting back. I could not stop ! Your talent is amazing. I love your style and versatility. Everything you do is so smooth and balanced. I cannot even find the right words......

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

I looked at your gallery while I was on my lunch break today and was 10 minutes late getting back. I could not stop ! Your talent is amazing. I love your style and versatility. Everything you do is so smooth and balanced. I cannot even find the right words......

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Thank you Helen and OMA, I love playing with color OMA it just amazes me how it can change the mood of an image.

Sorry about your lunch break Possum... but thank you for the kind words and for dropping by my gallery.

I have been playing around with drawing again, not something I have ever felt very good at but it is fun none the less. I just put my girl in the yellow dress in for fun. I have always felt like she looks too much like the "mud flap girl", you know the silhouette that you sometimes see on the mud flaps of big trucks. I had bigger plans for this mouse, I was thinking of him catching a dew drop from the leaf above. Who knows maybe his world will get more interesting one day.

th_mouseandfairy.png

th_mousebutterflies.png