ChampJev's Gallery! {UPDATE* May 17th}- New style!

Champjev

I'm telling you man...You need to try different color schemes, they are usually similar. Also, You need to clean up your renders and Your abstract signature. The ironman one was extremely choppy, kinda disturbing... (the neck...It was really messy, maybe just a bad render.) and the shapes in your abstract work were choppy as well. Well, it still looks amazing! Keep up the good work.

I agree. The work is still very amazing, but the colors are getting old. I don't really veiw that as negative feedback though. You're still my fav on here. :wink:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Guys my colours arent the same I changed that style and blooper…. I told you many times only about 5 up there are stocks and the rest are renders… so =P! And those were effects on the guys neck I added to give a sense.. well people on different forums like that style but here its meh… and again my colours are different way different!

EDIT: DIFF. VERSIONS OF IRON!

2ptwh7c.png

xqfc4x.png

2i1m9s0.png

axbhop.png

{Ch@/\/\p}

Update! Here are two older edits and revamps plus 2 new sigs made… one I followed a tut. But added a little bit extra and another I just made for a different forum..

epog8j.png < Made from scratch, minimalistic

11gllwj.png < Stock, experimenting with text.. e.c.t

j6tp5f.png < Tried something newish…

aebhqa.png < Had this laying around….

{Ch@/\/\p}

Update! Here are two older edits and revamps plus 2 new sigs made… one I followed a tut. But added a little bit extra and another I just made for a different forum..

epog8j.png < Made from scratch, minimalistic

{Ch@/\/\p}

I think I know whose tut you followed. :mrgreen:

*points to link in sig*

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

not bad, not a bad gallery you show artistic promise in your compositions of sigs . I'm not really into the dark color scheme but understand that's your style. I would love to see some actual 100% paint.net work though. from scratch screen to finished work with no outside paste ins. A bit of a depature from your safe zone. Even a few pictures of a different sort just to broaden your artistic abilities.

I would like to eventually see some original full pictures from you as I'm sure they will be awesome. I'll be checking back often to see how you progess as I feel you are another up and coming paint.net artist.

ciao OMA

UPDATE:

Ok guys here are a couple of update that I need C and C on! Here is a newer tag that I made two versions on! And edits of my previous 2 tags!

And thanks for the comments guys really appreciate it! Also Tophat I don’t use C4DS make my own effects with custom brushes…. Quite hard also.. do not use Gaussian blur as well and Oma it is quite hard working with stocks and renders but thanks for the advice!

V1:

30j5s93.png

V2:

1zl56rl.png

Edits:

jz7b6b.png

2d858ww.png

Also you guys thin I am improving?

{Ch@/\/\p}

Lol… actually on most forums I am the Paint.net Sig guy because most people say my techniques with this program are similar to those of the works with Photoshop and dare I say the evil Gimp! And I am rather proud of that don’t you think I am good with sigs?

Lol And the truth…. I would probably suck at making other stuff besides large wallpaper art since it is a larger version of a sig.. I made a silouhette wallpaper a while ago and a abstract piece! If you wanna see it I will try and dig it up!

{Ch@/\/\p}

Here are some larger arts of mine and a variety of other stuff… also Tophat never use C4DS over the renders face or parts of upper body.. and add some depth and a lightsource you’re sigs are a bit novice if you wanted real criticism…. IMO. Also here is what I read and look at for reference well making sigs it is very helpful and I give full credit to creator!

http://globalsigalliance.com/forums/sig ... thrax.html

And Kirby: Yes I did man helped a bunch!!!

Here are some larger works.. and how do I thumbnail these lol?

Well basically just made silhouette for now…

http://i31.tinypic.com/oqkd4l.png

{Ch@/\/\p}

Here are some larger arts of mine and a variety of other stuff… also Tophat never use C4DS over the renders face or parts of upper body.. and add some depth and a lightsource you’re sigs are a bit novice if you wanted real criticism…. IMO. Also here is what I read and look at for reference well making sigs it is very helpful and I give full credit to creator!

And Kirby: Yes I did man helped a bunch!!!

Here are some larger works.. and how do I thumbnail these lol?

Well basically just made silhouette for now…

http://i31.tinypic.com/oqkd4l.png

{Ch@/\/\p}

Any Advice?

And Tophat here is some tips:

Ok, no problem and I will help you out for a bit. First off for basic tips and sig steps and sort of a checklist use this site.

^ This will also give you tips with colour choice, render choice and much more!

Ok with lighting you want to make a prominent light source that reflects off the stock/ render in a positive way. For example I usually look on the render or stock to find if it already has a light source and I add on to it, if not I choose a nice spot and add a light source and add shadow’s on the opposite end. It is like a hill with light on it.

Here is an example where the light source is in the top right corner reflecting on the main focal and there is a small shade of darkness and shadow on the opposite side.

30j5s93.png

With depth; depth is meant to show distance between objects in a special and realistic way.. I rarely use C4DS and make my own effects to add depth but overlapping different types of brushes on to different layers. There are two types of depth, backwards and normal depth backwards is when you see the focal up close and you can tell it is very close, Normal depth is having it seem a far distance with a sense of realism.

An example would be this sig, you can clearly see the depth and the distance between the effects and the main render.

2zp2grt.png

And Backgrounds.. well here is where you creativity comes in keep it prominent with the main focal and render; meaning keep it simple and not chaotic and make it match the you’re feelings as well as the focal’s look!

I hope this has helped you a bit…. This is just the basic’s that you can improve on.

EDIT: MY ENTRY FOR SOTW! Meant to be along the lines of insane and addicted....

312z0nc.png

{Ch@/\/\p}

To make the image a thumbnail, you put "th_" (without the quotes) in front of the last part of the URL. Maybe my not my best description ever, so I'll give an example, using your image:

[img=http://i31.tinypic.com/th_oqkd4l.png]

The "Th_" is right before the "oqkd4l.png". To make it more explicitly obvious, I'll post the normal code:

[img=http://i31.tinypic.com/oqkd4l.png]

So, for most people, just having a thumbnail doesn't cut it. So you can make the thumbnail a link to a larger image, by doing this code:

[url=(Put the direct link here!)][img=(Put the IMG code here!)][/url]

I made the stuff that wasn't code in parentheses. I hope that made it very clear to you.