Image Umbrella: Abstract Images

david.atwell

@theonlychad , looks great .

@Nemo , is there any wonder . I agree with what you said to Welshblue . Who can compete with Oma ? Surely not me :lol:

@ Axle , I like it . Love your new avatar too :wink: I made this today ..

pods.png

I also agree with what Nemo said about Oma's abstracts they always so nicely done I try so hard to get something going but I have no clue as to how she does it .. :D

@theonlychad , looks great .

@Nemo , is there any wonder . I agree with what you said to Welshblue . Who can compete with Oma ? Surely not me :lol:

@ Axle , I like it . Love your new avatar too :wink: I made this today ..

I also agree with what Nemo said about Oma's abstracts they always so nicely done I try so hard to get something going but I have no clue as to how she does it .. :D

She is magical, that is how she does it. :D She has secrets, don't tell her I told you. :shock:

Seriously, she works very hard on each image. She takes her time and doesn't settle for good enough. I can tell you this much, she really understands blend modes as well as anyone. :D

That is a beautiful image. I really like it. You should try duplicating it as a layer, and play around with the blend modes. Maybe stretch the duplicated layer and then blend or maybe try the relief on one layer and then blend. Make sure you save the original image though.

@ Axel I really like your new avatar. Have you tried to make it into a glossy button? That would look really cool.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

no if i remember correctly i made red/black clouds, then used twist/zoom, then glow, metalize, soften portrait, and seismograph. But don't hold me too it :lol: because i didn't think to take a screen shot of the steps i took lol.

Edit, i am sure i used dents in there some where as well lol.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

@ theonlychad - Cool image ! I can see little heads in it. There are little heads in it isn't there? :shock:

This is just messing around with a couple of plug-ins. Anyone remember the old 3-D wireframe images. I did a few in AutoCAD years ago. This is Mount Wireframe. :lol:

MountWireframe.png

Great use of plugins! The wire frame effect (can't remember the name of the plugin - pretty sure it's by Madjik) does a great job of adding to the sense of shape, texture, and lighting.

I think the sun should be in this kind of vector-ish style as well, instead of being blurred as it is - maybe running the Lightrays plugin and then the wire frame on it would get a good result.

Neat style, I like this!

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

@ Possum Roadkill you know you can also get that effect by using the Seismograph :P That turned out really cool .

@ Nemo , it does did you use the polar transformation ? I know I use it all the time ? :lol: I like the texture of it .. Good job :wink:

:lol: That is the last plugin I used. I started out experimenting with the alpha displacement like in Yellowman's tutorial and ended up with the Seismograph after I had a nice 3-Dish looking image. It's what happened in between that I will keep secret for now. :D

Aha , Possum Roadkill has a secret . Maybe someday he'll reveal the hidden gem .

@ Nemo you are most welcomed , if you duplicate the layer flip vertical or horizontal , sometimes it will give you something more ? Play around with the blend modes :lol:

Ok, Ok ! I can't keep a secret ! It was bulge and Power Stretch and then color filter.

"if you duplicate the layer flip vertical or horizontal , sometimes it will give you something more ? " If you stack another copy of the layer on it and use a different mode you sometimes get some really wild effects. That is what you see on the Out of the Ice image I did. I think there were like four identical layers stacked with color inversions and different modes.