Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

@Jayed - Your sigs are always beautiful. I know I've seen your Samus around several times.

@Stecon96 - I agree the red sig is the more striking one, but if I didn't already see what your name was elsewhere, I wouldn't be able to read it well. 'Course you're also missing all the other information the green one has. :)

This is a website header I'm working on to help dress up my club's site a bit:

header1.png

I just recently put a bevelled outline around it, which doesn't quite match the other random grey lines. When I tried bevelling those originally it didn't look quite right, so I'm not sure what I'll do with them.

galactic_military_sig2.png

header1.png

I just recently put a bevelled outline around it, which doesn't quite match the other random grey lines. When I tried bevelling those originally it didn't look quite right, so I'm not sure what I'll do with them.

Some suggestions, I wouldn't put a bevel around it, I would leave it like it is. I would also replace the gray lines with something to go with the background. I really like it, like the hull of a ship or the inside of a troop transport. Maybe put some cables or metal brackets just to stay with the background theme. You could make them look like they are bolted onto the background, that would pick up the theme of the bolts on the background. Also the text could use a little grunge to it like it's painted on and is worn and dirty like it's been through a battle. Hey how about some flash burns like laser fire has hit it? One more thing, I would put more glow on the blue lights too.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

header1.png

Some suggestions, I wouldn't put a bevel around it, I would leave it like it is. I would also replace the gray lines with something to go with the background. I really like it, like the hull of a ship or the inside of a troop transport. Maybe put some cables or metal brackets just to stay with the background theme. You could make them look like they are bolted onto the background, that would pick up the theme of the bolts on the background. Also the text could use a little grunge to it like it's painted on and is worn and dirty like it's been through a battle. Hey how about some flash burns like laser fire has hit it? One more thing, I would put more glow on the blue lights too.

@Possum & LJXD - Thank you both for the useful feedback. I messed up slightly in not being able to "undo" the bevel, but I think if I crop the canvas enough I can kill it. I conceived the grey lines as being part of an overall design on a ship, but I think it isn't working for me. I'll see if I can add some access panels and maybe try some tubing (tourist's rope tutorial maybe?) and see if I can get this design a little more balanced. Oh, I did intend for the lettering to look painted on. I tried a color burn tut I found but it just turned my lettering orange. I think the background isnt' busy enough to support that idea. I'll take a look at the grunge tut's to see if I can find a good painted-on suggestion there. Incidentally, the bolts were a happy accident. I used the polygons plugin and accidentally doubled it but with the star option the second time, so I shrank it and found these great little bolts.

Thanks again for the suggestions, guys. I love this community. I can always look forward to detailed, constructive responses from y'all.

@Possum & LJXD - Thank you both for the useful feedback. I messed up slightly in not being able to "undo" the bevel, but I think if I crop the canvas enough I can kill it. I conceived the grey lines as being part of an overall design on a ship, but I think it isn't working for me. I'll see if I can add some access panels and maybe try some tubing (tourist's rope tutorial maybe?) and see if I can get this design a little more balanced. Oh, I did intend for the lettering to look painted on. I tried a color burn tut I found but it just turned my lettering orange. I think the background isnt' busy enough to support that idea. I'll take a look at the grunge tut's to see if I can find a good painted-on suggestion there. Incidentally, the bolts were a happy accident. I used the polygons plugin and accidentally doubled it but with the star option the second time, so I shrank it and found these great little bolts.

Thanks again for the suggestions, guys. I love this community. I can always look forward to detailed, constructive responses from y'all.

For the painted on look try this viewtopic.php?f=16&t=29353 I have been making my own textures for some pieces and others I use stock images

either as grayscale or embossed depending on the texture I am trying to get.

I wouldn't worry about the bevel, it looks pretty good.

For the painted on look try this viewtopic.php?f=16&t=29353 I have been making my own textures for some pieces and others I use stock images

This is my first time posting here....*gulps*

Anyway yeah, I would like comments on this siggy I made please. (I made it for an Anime forum I am on) ^_^ I am only just starting to really get into GFXing so obviously my work is not at the highest standard as of yet. ^^; Any tips and/or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ^_^

rukia.jpg

rainbow.png

This is my first time posting here....*gulps*

Anyway yeah, I would like comments on this siggy I made please. (I made it for an Anime forum I am on) ^_^ I am only just starting to really get into GFXing so obviously my work is not at the highest standard as of yet. ^^; Any tips and/or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ^_^

rukia.jpg

rainbow.png