Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

Click!

Sorry it's a little large, but I'm new to both Paint.NET and these forums and I wasn't sure where banners should go; I couldn't find anything under the image umbrellas - so here goes. (:

Yes the sig should be no more than 150 H X 500 W. Try making the image twice that size, put it together on different layers and then flatten the image, copy to a new image, and resize it to the final size. That works well for many people and one of the best things I have learned here.

I would suggest that you put each lady on each side of the young man, something like this. This took me about five minutes and I had to cut everything out of your image, so it's very rough and only intended to show you what I mean. You could even drop shadow behind them to give them depth from the background. Very good choice of the ladies I might add. Very pretty. I recognize the one on the right...but can't recall her name. Overall I like your color choice with the images you chose. I think you will make a very good sig from this. :D

TheMistressModified.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Click!

Sorry it's a little large, but I'm new to both Paint.NET and these forums and I wasn't sure where banners should go; I couldn't find anything under the image umbrellas - so here goes. (:

Yes the sig should be no more than 150 H X 500 W. Try making the image twice that size, put it together on different layers and then flatten the image, copy to a new image, and resize it to the final size. That works well for many people and one of the best things I have learned here.

I would suggest that you put each lady on each side of the young man, something like this. This took me about five minutes and I had to cut everything out of your image, so it's very rough and only intended to show you what I mean. You could even drop shadow behind them to give them depth from the background. Very good choice of the ladies I might add. Very pretty. I recognize the one on the right...but can't recall her name. Overall I like your color choice with the images you chose. I think you will make a very good sig from this. :D

TheMistressModified.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

I plan on making a thinner one :twisted:

If that gets any thinner it could be considered a userbar :lol: .

@Himself: The elephant is very nice (you made it yourself right?), but I dislike the green glow and background. The perspective and is also off.

Four sigs:

SLTryv2.png

VendettaTry.png

metroid.png

Exigo.png

Edit:Added 1 new sig.

Edit2:Added 1 more new sig.

AbstractSmudgeZCTv2.png

@Himself: The elephant is very nice (you made it yourself right?), but I dislike the green glow and background. The perspective and is also off.

Four sigs:

SLTryv2.png

VendettaTry.png

metroid.png

Exigo.png

AbstractSmudgeZCTv2.png

Five sigs:

SLTryv2.png

VendettaTry.png

metroid.png

Exigo.png

How the bloody potato did you make those with paint.net O_o [or are you lying and using photoshop :P]

ElvenPower.jpg

Power comes to those who least expect it, Ambition comes to those who want it. Sometimes Ambition rules the Powerful, many times Ambition Is Power. Remember that Frodo, that ring could have been yours!

Five sigs:

SLTryv2.png

VendettaTry.png

metroid.png

Exigo.png

How the bloody potato did you make those with paint.net O_o [or are you lying and using photoshop :P]

ElvenPower.jpg

Power comes to those who least expect it, Ambition comes to those who want it. Sometimes Ambition rules the Powerful, many times Ambition Is Power. Remember that Frodo, that ring could have been yours!

The first two are pretty simple, basically smudging and clipping masks. The effects in the next two involve distortions (twist, bulge, power twist), smudging, and layer modes (lighten only, normal, and darken only basically).

P.S: I have Photoshop Elements 4...but it really sucks.

AbstractSmudgeZCTv2.png

The first two are pretty simple, basically smudging and clipping masks. The effects in the next two involve distortions (twist, bulge, power twist), smudging, and layer modes (lighten only, normal, and darken only basically).

AbstractSmudgeZCTv2.png

Hi I'm pretty new to paint.net and i need someone to give me an honest opinion on my current signature and Avatar.

The avatar is better than the sig...better composition, and more visual interest.

Your sig needs to be better laid-out (maybe cross the spears lower and figure out a way to put the glyph in the center foreground, or something).

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

Hi I'm pretty new to paint.net and i need someone to give me an honest opinion on my current signature and Avatar.

The avatar is better than the sig...better composition, and more visual interest.

Your sig needs to be better laid-out (maybe cross the spears lower and figure out a way to put the glyph in the center foreground, or something).

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

meh. :evil: I must suck then :x I'll never figure out how to make clipping masks work in photoshop CS4 (which I have currently...) Smudging I can figure out, the smudging/liquify is pretty damn good in photoshop :wink: But I don't think I can make it work well... I got this cool effect to make trails of light... looks [bunnie] awesome. I'll try to figure out the stupid clipping mask/smudgie thingey... I give up with distortions >_<

ElvenPower.jpg

meh. :evil: I must suck then :x I'll never figure out how to make clipping masks work in photoshop CS4 (which I have currently...) Smudging I can figure out, the smudging/liquify is pretty damn good in photoshop :wink: But I don't think I can make it work well... I got this cool effect to make trails of light... looks [bunnie] awesome. I'll try to figure out the stupid clipping mask/smudgie thingey... I give up with distortions >_<

ElvenPower.jpg

@Jayed - Your sigs are always beautiful. I know I've seen your Samus around several times.

@Stecon96 - I agree the red sig is the more striking one, but if I didn't already see what your name was elsewhere, I wouldn't be able to read it well. 'Course you're also missing all the other information the green one has. :)

This is a website header I'm working on to help dress up my club's site a bit:

header1.png

I just recently put a bevelled outline around it, which doesn't quite match the other random grey lines. When I tried bevelling those originally it didn't look quite right, so I'm not sure what I'll do with them.

galactic_military_sig2.png