Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

Sharpen the text and do something else with the black lines under it so they look like a part of the design. Try to make its corners pointy (just below the T in MILITARY), right now they're kind of round.

[Edit] What letters does this logo represent? Are they obvious enough?

I may take that text back to its original look and maybe just up the transparency a touch. I could never get it to look very "painted on" to such a uniform background without losing some integrity. I may recolor those lines, too. It seems like every time I'd add something new to the picture, original design elements became nearly unnoticeable or pointless.

Oh, and I think your logo's letters are obvious enough but I'll follow LFC's example and not declare what I think they are.

galactic_military_sig2.png

@ Blooper It looks like AR or FR, but I have no idea what it might mean. But I'm old and not very "hip". :lol:

@ Xander_Lyon, Much improved. I like the wires sparking in the lower right corner. The laser blasts look good as well except the one suspended above the main image. It looks a little out of place. I also like the idea of the panel smashed in. If you want, try this tut and it might be useful in giving the smashed panel a more realistic look by adding some wrinkles to the metal. viewtopic.php?f=35&t=27775&hilit=waving+flag Try looking through the text tuts, I know there is one in there that will help with the painted on look you are trying to get.

Here we are PDNava.pngPDNsig.png

I like them ! Nice contrasting colors, simple and elegant. Makes the point right on the mark.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

@ Blooper It looks like AR or FR, but I have no idea what it might mean. But I'm old and not very "hip". :lol:

@ Xander_Lyon, Much improved. I like the wires sparking in the lower right corner. The laser blasts look good as well except the one suspended above the main image. It looks a little out of place. I also like the idea of the panel smashed in. If you want, try this tut and it might be useful in giving the smashed panel a more realistic look by adding some wrinkles to the metal. viewtopic.php?f=35&t=27775&hilit=waving+flag Try looking through the text tuts, I know there is one in there that will help with the painted on look you are trying to get.

I like them ! Nice contrasting colors, simple and elegant. Makes the point right on the mark.

But I'm old and not very "hip". :lol:

Don't worry, sG has been waiting to know for months. We're just keeping it a secret for now. It's codenamed awesome redheads. :P

Ah ! I see. (I am part redhead :wink: just not so awesome )

Don't worry, sG has been waiting to know for months. We're just keeping it a secret for now. It's codenamed awesome redheads. :P

You're right about that other laser blast. I was trying to suggest different weapon types were hitting the hull. Instead, that blast just looks like a shadow, so I thought I could turn it into the shadow of whatever's attacking . . . but a better burn would likely make more sense. :) It's funny you showed me that flag tutorial. That's exactly what I used to give the panel a smashed in look. I'm not sure how to tweak it further to give a better busted in look. The key to the displacement map seems to be how much you blur the black and white parts on top of the greyscale map. Is that what you used on your curtains? I didn't think you could be that detailed and get such a subtle effect.

You're right about that other laser blast. I was trying to suggest different weapon types were hitting the hull. Instead, that blast just looks like a shadow, so I thought I could turn it into the shadow of whatever's attacking . . . but a better burn would likely make more sense. :) It's funny you showed me that flag tutorial. That's exactly what I used to give the panel a smashed in look. I'm not sure how to tweak it further to give a better busted in look. The key to the displacement map seems to be how much you blur the black and white parts on top of the greyscale map. Is that what you used on your curtains? I didn't think you could be that detailed and get such a subtle effect.

I wondered how you got the metal to look crushed in. Try using thinner lines, maybe that will give you more effect. Or combine the displacement with the bulge plugin or the power stretch plug-in.

No, the cloth behind the wall objects was made from a texture, I think it was a bedsheet or maybe a tablecloth. That does give me an idea though, I wonder what a texture would look like combined with the displacement? Or maybe if the texture was used as the displacement map? Hmmm? Well that would be just crazy ! I need to give that a try tonight.

I wondered how you got the metal to look crushed in. Try using thinner lines, maybe that will give you more effect. Or combine the displacement with the bulge plugin or the power stretch plug-in.

No, the cloth behind the wall objects was made from a texture, I think it was a bedsheet or maybe a tablecloth. That does give me an idea though, I wonder what a texture would look like combined with the displacement? Or maybe if the texture was used as the displacement map? Hmmm? Well that would be just crazy ! I need to give that a try tonight.

@Jayed - Your sigs are always beautiful. I know I've seen your Samus around several times.

@Stecon96 - I agree the red sig is the more striking one, but if I didn't already see what your name was elsewhere, I wouldn't be able to read it well. 'Course you're also missing all the other information the green one has. :)

This is a website header I'm working on to help dress up my club's site a bit:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p109/didgeboy/header1.png[//img]

I just recently put a bevelled outline around it, which doesn't quite match the other random grey lines. When I tried bevelling those originally it didn't look quite right, so I'm not sure what I'll do with them.

<3 thanks, I didn't realize someone actually appreciated my work :D

ElvenPower.jpg

Power comes to those who least expect it, Ambition comes to those who want it. Sometimes Ambition rules the Powerful, many times Ambition Is Power. Remember that Frodo, that ring could have been yours!

@Jayed - Your sigs are always beautiful. I know I've seen your Samus around several times.

@Stecon96 - I agree the red sig is the more striking one, but if I didn't already see what your name was elsewhere, I wouldn't be able to read it well. 'Course you're also missing all the other information the green one has. :)

I just recently put a bevelled outline around it, which doesn't quite match the other random grey lines. When I tried bevelling those originally it didn't look quite right, so I'm not sure what I'll do with them.

ElvenPower.jpg

Power comes to those who least expect it, Ambition comes to those who want it. Sometimes Ambition rules the Powerful, many times Ambition Is Power. Remember that Frodo, that ring could have been yours!

ElvenPower.jpg

I gave it a try in photoshop :D I used two effects lol...

1) Liquify...

2) Photo filter + brightness/contrast filter

What do you think? Header.jpg

[img=http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee307/DragonKrystal/Header.jpg]

ElvenPower.jpg

I gave it a try in photoshop :D I used two effects lol...

1) Liquify...

2) Photo filter + brightness/contrast filter

What do you think? Header.jpg

[img=http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee307/DragonKrystal/Header.jpg]

ElvenPower.jpg