Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

This is my first time posting here....*gulps*

Anyway yeah, I would like comments on this siggy I made please. (I made it for an Anime forum I am on) ^_^ I am only just starting to really get into GFXing so obviously my work is not at the highest standard as of yet. ^^; Any tips and/or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ^_^

rukia.jpg

rainbow.png

This is my first time posting here....*gulps*

Anyway yeah, I would like comments on this siggy I made please. (I made it for an Anime forum I am on) ^_^ I am only just starting to really get into GFXing so obviously my work is not at the highest standard as of yet. ^^; Any tips and/or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ^_^

rukia.jpg

rainbow.png

@Starsai - for some reason I can't see your sig anymore, otherwise I'd comment on it. :? I remember it being a Bleach (I think) sig with the main chick on the left in color and the group in b&w on the right with some fancy coloring in the background filling the space. I can appreciate Blooper's suggestion about maintaining a central focus, but I liked how the 2 groups kinda bookended your sig. If I could see the thing I could be a little more accurate, sorry :?

@Possum - Well, you can see below I added some things to the header I first posted here. I did mess with the yellow name a bit but with everything else there I think the effect is hard to notice.

header2.png

galactic_military_sig2.png

@Starsai - for some reason I can't see your sig anymore, otherwise I'd comment on it. :? I remember it being a Bleach (I think) sig with the main chick on the left in color and the group in b&w on the right with some fancy coloring in the background filling the space. I can appreciate Blooper's suggestion about maintaining a central focus, but I liked how the 2 groups kinda bookended your sig. If I could see the thing I could be a little more accurate, sorry :?

@Possum - Well, you can see below I added some things to the header I first posted here. I did mess with the yellow name a bit but with everything else there I think the effect is hard to notice.

header2.png

header2.png

header2.png

Sharpen the text and do something else with the black lines under it so they look like a part of the design. Try to make its corners pointy (just below the T in MILITARY), right now they're kind of round.

[Edit] What letters does this logo represent? Are they obvious enough?

rhfjdjejd.png

Sharpen the text and do something else with the black lines under it so they look like a part of the design. Try to make its corners pointy (just below the T in MILITARY), right now they're kind of round.

rhfjdjejd.png

rhfjdjejd.png

rhfjdjejd.png

I may take that text back to its original look and maybe just up the transparency a touch. I could never get it to look very "painted on" to such a uniform background without losing some integrity. I may recolor those lines, too. It seems like every time I'd add something new to the picture, original design elements became nearly unnoticeable or pointless.

Oh, and I think your logo's letters are obvious enough but I'll follow LFC's example and not declare what I think they are.

I may take that text back to its original look and maybe just up the transparency a touch. I could never get it to look very "painted on" to such a uniform background without losing some integrity. I may recolor those lines, too. It seems like every time I'd add something new to the picture, original design elements became nearly unnoticeable or pointless.

Oh, and I think your logo's letters are obvious enough but I'll follow LFC's example and not declare what I think they are.