Discussion-PDN free-handing Drawing Contest!Topic Updated!

I'll try it but I've never drawn a car etc. so I just use the line/curve tool and gradients for coloring? what about gaussian blurs and different opacity's/transparency etc. because I'm going to use that even if you don't allow it. LOL!.

What if they don't enter you?

I believe that at the beginning of a contest like this, just do the best you can do with what you know to do and see how it comes out for you. If they don't like what you've done then they wont let you enter. It wont be that bad of a thing will it. Besides, then you'll learn what they want and know how to do it next time. you may even learn that it's something that you don't like doing, so you'll just enter another contest next time. Me on the other hand, I don't think I can draw very good, so I'm going to give it a try anyway. You never know.

ye ill give it a try but i have one question... is the line tool alowed because i have a really good idea... please get back to me on this so i can start :)

edit:ye i didnt understand the rules very well cos if you use the line tool that isnt really freehand.

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3

im sorry im just getting back to you guys, i got off work at 3.

First of all, any one can join this contest, theres no level of talent you must have, its really just for fun.

I didn't see if you guys saw the edit i made to the rules maybe you could help me write this rule better, i want everyones work to look hand drawn but for instance programs i like glitter or the grid plugins i dont think should be prohibited, but plugins like guasian blur and basically all the blurs i do not think should be allowed to be used. I cant really find a way to word this i think i wrote any plug-in that doesnt over power the drawing. i dont no if that makes sense.

It must be 100% PDN as much as i love MS paint it is not allowed

R3VENGE

i understand what you mean, but the way i look at it is drawing a line is no different with the lines tool then with the pencil, it just takes longer.

I'm looking forward to seeing the entries - but i'm not good enough to enter.

Im not sure what you guys mean by enter? everyone who wants to be entered just post your image and your in.

Are features like rotate/zoom, Brightness/Contrast, Hue/saturation allowed? And Layer properties such as blending mode?

Bye

Pyjo.

I would yes to all those, but no curves?

please let me know if i didnt answer questions very well, im trying haha

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

my avatar would be a good example of how i was thinking of this contest, its all hand drawn with the pencil tool, no effects at all, not every contrast of anything, the text is the only thing i didnt draw on it

edit: oops the background isnt hand drawn

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

Sorry, typo, I meant tracing. Like making something on paper, and then using the line/curve tool on a new layer to trace the lines for easier editing.

Like this:

lineartmy8.th.png

Click to enlarge.