Discussion-PDN free-handing Drawing Contest!Topic Updated!

Thanks for votes and congratulations.

I supported this contest because I think it can aid increasing the skills of the PdN users community. I hope that my picture and the intermediate steps of the "work in progress" I published in the contest thread will be useful to other PdN users for improving their ability.

The car that won the contest in now exposed in the Pictorium.

Now I have to choose the topic for the next contest. Well, what about the Jurassic age?

If the deadline will be in one week, it is likely that I'll not participate because I'm working on a new plugin and I have little time for drawing.

I have however some other ideas for new contests.

1) An effects-only contest in which you can use only the features that are not allowed in the free-handing contest (no toolbox, of course, but also no CodeLab!).

2) A five-minutes contest in which you have only five minutes to post your picture after the topic is published. (10 minutes is perhaps more realistic.)

3) A blind contest in which you have to draw with the screen turned off

4) A free-footing contest in which you move the mouse with your foots.

Other ideas?

Bye and thanks again.

Pyjo.

Thanks for votes and congratulations.

I supported this contest because I think it can aid increasing the skills of the PdN users community. I hope that my picture and the intermediate steps of the "work in progress" I published in the contest thread will be useful to other PdN users for improving their ability.

The car that won the contest in now exposed in the Pictorium.

Now I have to choose the topic for the next contest. Well, what about the Jurassic age?

If the deadline will be in one week, it is likely that I'll not participate because I'm working on a new plugin and I have little time for drawing.

I have however some other ideas for new contests.

1) An effects-only contest in which you can use only the features that are not allowed in the free-handing contest (no toolbox, of course, but also no CodeLab!).

2) A five-minutes contest in which you have only five minutes to post your picture after the topic is published. (10 minutes is perhaps more realistic.)

3) A blind contest in which you have to draw with the screen turned off

4) A free-footing contest in which you move the mouse with your foots.

Other ideas?

Bye and thanks again.

Pyjo.

congrats again pyjo, good ideas for contests, some would be hard to pull off but would be fun to do.

jurassic age? you mean like dinosaurs and stuff? that sounds cool, please get a little more specific though.

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

I think that "The Jurassic Age - Dinosaurs and stuff" is specific enough. Think at something like Jurassic Park or Peter Jackson's King Kong.

@k.digennaro, about contest rules: I have yet said almost every my ideas on this topic. The 4 main points are: 100%PdN (no preexisting materials), no plugins, no effects, no Curves.

It is important to stress that those rules apply to every step of the drawing process, even to layers that are not included in the final picture. For example you cannot use the gridmaker plugin in the upper layer and remove that layer when you are finished, or put a photo in the background and draw over it. You may want to include the picture of the car that shows a not allowed process I posted here in the final version of your rules, or create other examples of what can or cannot be done.

Bye

Pyjo

Just adding my congratulations to Pyio work, magnificent Ferrari (roar)!

and Aile: I love that funny alien!

I am also happy cos I received 2 votes when I was expecting none ( :lol: ) thanks to the 2 people who voted for me (you made my day guys!) and also Pyio: if you make too restrictive rules I am afraid this contest will be accessible only to you and other few Picasso guys :cry: !

I think that "The Jurassic Age - Dinosaurs and stuff" is specific enough. Think at something like Jurassic Park or Peter Jackson's King Kong.

@k.digennaro, about contest rules: I have yet said almost every my ideas on this topic. The 4 main points are: 100%PdN (no preexisting materials), no plugins, no effects, no Curves.

It is important to stress that those rules apply to every step of the drawing process, even to layers that are not included in the final picture. For example you cannot use the gridmaker plugin in the upper layer and remove that layer when you are finished, or put a photo in the background and draw over it. You may want to include the picture of the car that shows a not allowed process I posted here in the final version of your rules, or create other examples of what can or cannot be done.

Bye

Pyjo

pyjo is right, there are the rules, i think i specified them clearly atleast i tried to, but im going to use this post in the rules. alwso pyjo i didnt see the pic, are you talking about the original sketches and stuff from your car?

edit:and about the topic thats specific enough i just wanted to make sure i knew wat you were talking about lol

japannese.jpg

I've read this thread beginning to end and still don't understand what the heck you all are talking about. these rules are just too confusing.

:roll:

actually they seem to keep changing much like how my grandkids play board games. the rules change as they need to in order for them to win. ? :wink:

and I distinctly recall saying I expected to win this so why didn't you all vote for my miserable pathetic try at drawing a car?

im really struggling with writing these rules to be under stood clearly, it seems like some people kinda figured them out but it needs to be clarified, basically i want it to be a contest which involves hand drawings, i.e. the pencil tool and the line curve tool. No stocks or models. Oma youve been around here a lot longer than me maybe you or some one else has some ideas to specify these rules.

Thanks

kevin

japannese.jpg

im really struggling with writing these rules to be under stood clearly, it seems like some people kinda figured them out but it needs to be clarified, basically i want it to be a contest which involves hand drawings, i.e. the pencil tool and the line curve tool. No stocks or models. Oma youve been around here a lot longer than me maybe you or some one else has some ideas to specify these rules.

Thanks

kevin

Maybe i can help you explain them better. Ill pm what i think you should type.

omExTE6.png