Discussion-PDN free-handing Drawing Contest!Topic Updated!

yes sir look up the definition.

Well...

automobile - a passenger vehicle designed for operation on ordinary roads and typically having four wheels and a gasoline or diesel internal-combustion engine.

Spaceships don't really use ordinary roads.

But to heck with the techincal stuff.

I'll try my hand at this.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

oma you cheater!! haha :mrgreen: , god why do i take so much longer than everyone else...lol.

get more comfortable with using layers and you can go much faster drawing. because you don't have to go back and redo lines just delete the offending section layer out.

only real thing I'd have liked to use feather a bit in this contest. would really help the images.

I want to enter soon because it looks like a lot of fun! :D

But I want to be clear on a few things.

• Allowed Effects
    [*:4ns90t14]What's 'non-dominating' in your opinion? (As the contest creator it's mostly your decision, I feel.)
    Faking It
    [*:4ns90t14]Are layer blend modes, transparency, Rotate/Zoom, or otherwise 'advanced' layer effects allowed?
    (For example, you could make a reflection without any effects. All you'd need to do duplicate the layer, flip it, then lower the transparency)

That's about all I can think of. Everything else is clear. :)

• Allowed Effects
    [*:1uqhfg27]What's 'non-dominating' in your opinion? (As the contest creator it's mostly your decision, I feel.)
    Faking It
    [*:1uqhfg27]Are layer blend modes, transparency, Rotate/Zoom, or otherwise 'advanced' layer effects allowed?
    (For example, you could make a reflection without any effects. All you'd need to do duplicate the layer, flip it, then lower the transparency)

By non dominating i mean you can still clearly see the image, leme post a couple examples.

This image i consider non dominating, there were no plug-ins used on the actual portrait so you can see and feel the distinctiveness of being drawn by hand.

soldierfinal1.jpg

This image on the other hand was basically just shape 3D and some other plug-ins, in this case these plug-ins completely dominate the image (basically looks like it was done by a computer :P)

Ring1.jpg

In the picture im working on for this contest i used the glitter plug-in the background of the base color, ya its there, but it doesnt stick out it blends in with the picture and still shows the originalities.

to second your second question wither, i think that the advanced layer effects should be allowed to be used, im not really sure about the layer blend modes though.

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

• Allowed Effects
    [*:196uedlp]What's 'non-dominating' in your opinion? (As the contest creator it's mostly your decision, I feel.)
    Faking It
    [*:196uedlp]Are layer blend modes, transparency, Rotate/Zoom, or otherwise 'advanced' layer effects allowed?

By non dominating i mean you can still clearly see the image, leme post a couple examples.

This image i consider non dominating, there were no plug-ins used on the actual portrait so you can see and feel the distinctiveness of being drawn by hand.

th_soldierfinal1.jpg

This image on the other hand was basically just shape 3D and some other plug-ins, in this case these plug-ins completely dominate the image (basically looks like it was done by a computer :P)

th_Ring1.jpg

In the picture im working on for this contest i used the glitter plug-in the background of the base color, ya its there, but it doesnt stick out it blends in with the picture and still shows the originalities.

to second your second question wither, i think that the advanced layer effects should be allowed to be used, im not really sure about the layer blend modes though.

So basically, if you can't do it with a paper and a pen(cil), then its not allowed, am I right?

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

basically looks like it was done by a computer :P

Done by a computer? :?: :? :?: ?

Angelina_Jolie_in_Beowulf_by_0_ASH_0.jpg

I friend of mine thought that was just a photo you'd taken. Either way, i wouldn't say it were allowed. On another note, for colouring, is using effects (Blurs etc) in colouring allowed? Seeing as colours are quite dominant...

Alright as requested this is a new thread for questions about my PDN free-handing Drawing Contest!. Since so much space was getting taken up I opened a new thread. Here's the link to the enrty section of the contest. http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22117&st=0&sk=t&sd=a.

Post any questions you have about this contest here! Please and Thank you!

japannese.jpg

• Allowed Effects
    [*:36fat7er]What's 'non-dominating' in your opinion? (As the contest creator it's mostly your decision, I feel.)
    Faking It
    [*:36fat7er]Are layer blend modes, transparency, Rotate/Zoom, or otherwise 'advanced' layer effects allowed?

th_soldierfinal1.jpg

th_Ring1.jpg

So basically, if you can't do it with a paper and a pen(cil), then its not allowed, am I right?

Correct :P

japannese.jpg

thanks for the suggestion NCfan, wat do you guys think about that?

The entries are everywhere...so yes.

Also can i edit my entry

Jerk i think its fair to edit it since of all the unclearness in the rules for this first contest, so feel free to take till the deadline. But in the future i would say once its in, its in.

japannese.jpg

haha cheater :P, jking.

Question: The topic is auto-motives, so does that mean just things that require no hard labor from the owner(cars,trains,buses), or can it be something like a skateboard? It moves, but does require a little labor.

Q2: How will the next topic be decided?

I was thinking that everyone would give suggestions, pick the top 5 or 10 then vote on them. atleast thats what was in my head lol.

Personally i think you can take the term automotive how every you want, be creative. If it moves its basically an automotive.

japannese.jpg