Sig-Of-The-Week Discussion - 17 is on!

umm thats the point of it, if you like making spacescapes then make the moon impacting the Earth, if you like photomanips then you could take an image and make it look like there was a nuclear fallout or something, etc., etc.

I do know a thing or two about SOTW ;) haha

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

I dont really see how abstract could fall into that theme o_O

It is a bit of a "wide" theme but it's not something that people would question what exactly they should make, like for example if the theme was "Earth" or "Water" thats when it get a bit too vague.

imo

Lots of people here fall into the "avid sig maker" category haha, I myself am an avid air inhaler aswell. And not to be mean but most of your sigs look like your took a render, added cool, abstract-ness, messed with the colors and added a border and text. They do look cool but sooo many people are doing them so they get old really fast, sorry I told you i don't like those kinda sigs haha :P

Why are you guys still debating the theme? Crimson (as winner of the last SOTW) has already decided that the theme will be Delirium.

Unfortunately, PDN is unavailable to me in current circumstances :(. I lack inspiration.

Rubrica, I was thinking about Technology too. If it enslaves our everyday lives, why shouldn't it enslave our PDN ones as well :D

EDIT: Well, I sorta went through a tossup between Technology and Insanity, but I think I'll go with the 2nd one. It's a little harder to do, but I think some people will have some interesting ideas (guess you'll have to put up with CMD winning this time, sorry). Also, I think I'll broaden the topic to Delirium, which includes insanity, hallucination, denial, etc etc. So

Delirium will be the new topic. It's a bit odd, but hey, go for it! :wink:

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

I was just suggesting ;) guess I'll just have to do my best on the next SOTW and hopefully we'll be doing "The end of the Earth" for the next one haha. That is unless I change my mind, which seems to happen a lot :lol:

Oh we have a theme… lol

@ jake:

Lol.. dude you gotta visit my gallery because I do a lot more then that! You know how much brushing I do! It is insane! I have around 40=60+ layers in all my sigs and I started out making sigs! I rarely use renders and the more experienced you get the more you tend to use stocks! Here is an example of my stock tag…

This one was made from a stock.. 39 or so layers here is the sig:

jz7b6b.png

Added a prominent background and depth a suitable light source.. smudge splatter brushing.. blending colour balancing! It takes long!

Original stock:

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r126 ... n176-1.jpg

Here: Another example; 24 layers…

30j5s93.png

Slight colour change, depth added, prominent light source, vector brushing effects, mask and clippings, blending, effects….

Original stock:

http://i25.tinypic.com/feif4i.jpg

Last example:

Sig:

2k3u3n.png

I think you are getting the point eh?

Original stock:

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r126 ... L03low.jpg

{Ch@/\/\p}

haha, I never said that it didn't take talent/skill to make them, just that I'm not a fan ;) . I'm well aware of the process and btw, stocks, renders, there all the same to me :D Now lets stop talking and get this SOTW going :mrgreen:

You're not meant to post it here. You're meant to post it in the SOTW Entry thread, not the SOTW Discussion thread. And the Entry thread, as far as I know, has not even been created yet, so slow down a bit please. Also, I agree with sabrown, must you post "hey, check out my gallery" and "they're nice, but too simple, see my gallery for ideas on how sigs should be made" in nearly every one of your posts? I'm not meaning to start an argument here, I'm not that sort of person, I'm just pointing it out.

Also, I like the idea of Delirium. I'll start right away.

This is the SOTW discussions isn’t it? And if you read correctly I was wondering if this fits the theme… and also I have stopped doing that and just brought it up now well proving something to Jake… so lay-off it was a simple question….

{Ch@/\/\p}

Fine dude…. Lets roll! Mine is going to be some druggy guy stock! Haha involving with hallucination…. Or something with vanity insanity!

EDIT: MY ENTRY FOR SOTW! Meant to be along the lines of insane and addicted....

312z0nc.png

{Ch@/\/\p}

What? Have we even decided on a theme for the contest yet? I don't think so....

Actually, Andrew, we have.

Champjev: Yes, this IS the discussion thread. You're not MEANT to post it in the discussion thread. And also, there is not, as far as I can see, anything in your post stating that you wanted to know whether it fits the theme. As I said, I do not wish to be offensive, I'm just saying. If I sound rude, then it's your interpretation of my meaaning. Other people may have different interpretatations.

Anyway, argument over, let's all be happy.

Delirium (Wiki this)

And what does physed (Wiki this) have to do with anything...

(Making good use of the new Wiki tag!)

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."