Sig-Of-The-Week Discussion - 17 is on!

Here is mine. I have a really hard time keeping my hand from shaking while using the paintbrush as you can see on the chinese symbol, I tried everything to hide it, next time I will use a stock image instead....LOL! Anyways I hope you all enjoy.

I like the way your chinese symbol came out. It gave it a burnt-in-wood type look to it. Also, those are some healthy looking rats you've got there.

Here is mine. I have a really hard time keeping my hand from shaking while using the paintbrush as you can see on the chinese symbol, I tried everything to hide it, next time I will use a stock image instead....LOL! Anyways I hope you all enjoy.

I like the way your chinese symbol came out. It gave it a burnt-in-wood type look to it. Also, those are some healthy looking rats you've got there.

Thank you. Yeah those rats are pretty fat.

sig2.jpg

"All that we are is a result of what we have thought. The mind is everything,

what we think we become." Buddha

Well, I finally finished my submission ...

CNYSig.png

To everybody who entered so far, they all look fabulous.

Out of all of them, I think I would vote for Crimson's.

Keep up the good work guys! :D

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

is it the year of the rat or monkey? because people are doing the year of the rat when it says year of monkey

Back in '04, when it was the Year of the Monkey, JKR, a web cartoonist and comic artist, made a cartoon for his website, FredtheMonkey.com, in which Fred, the titular monkey, sang about it being the Year of the Monkey. This cartoon is linked by that text.

So yeah, it was a joke. I apologize for any confusion it caused. The claim is recanted in the very next sentence, though, and the true Chinese zodiac for this year is given in very next paragraph.

So, this is to say, "Keep reading, it's good for you!" :wink:

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

• 1 month later...

Dan has all the votes. We just need to consider this one on hiatus until he can tally them. :-)

Don't worry. We've figured out a way that this won't happen again.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty, the votes have been tallied and posted!

Now introducing the creation of me, SOTW Guy!

That's right, there's a new account in town. SOTW Guy will be taking over management of the SOTW competition. SOTW Guy is a shared account between Crazy Man Dan and David Atwell, in the hopes that future competitions will be run more efficiently if two people join their free time. All future votes should be sent via PM to SOTW Guy, so that either Dan or Dave can get at them when tallying time comes along.

So, it's now time to discuss the next theme. Crimson, the winner of SOTW 15, will be the one to make the final choice. Since we've been out of it for so long (thanks to Dan :P)*, we'll take as long as we need to get back into the swing of things.

-CMD

* Kinda feels weird giving myself the Mnyegh emoticon... ;)

Nah, David's in on it now, so I have someone to hold me accountable. ;)

I just have a few interesting ideas for Insanity, is all. :)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Unfortunately, PDN is unavailable to me in current circumstances :(. I lack inspiration.

Rubrica, I was thinking about Technology too. If it enslaves our everyday lives, why shouldn't it enslave our PDN ones as well :D

EDIT: Well, I sorta went through a tossup between Technology and Insanity, but I think I'll go with the 2nd one. It's a little harder to do, but I think some people will have some interesting ideas (guess you'll have to put up with CMD winning this time, sorry). Also, I think I'll broaden the topic to Delirium, which includes insanity, hallucination, denial, etc etc. So

Delirium will be the new topic. It's a bit odd, but hey, go for it! :wink: