Sig-Of-The-Week Discussion - 17 is on!

I suggest the theme to be weather. Storms, eclipses, sunny days, rain, etc. That way the category is varied, but still limited and it will challenge the competitors' use of photo manipulation.

We're... not done with the last contest yet... :cry::)

But good ideas!

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

I suggest the theme to be weather. Storms, eclipses, sunny days, rain, etc. That way the category is varied, but still limited and it will challenge the competitors' use of photo manipulation.

We're... not done with the last contest yet... :cry::)

But good ideas!

Uhh... uhhh...

*embarrassed*

when I posted this, the theme hadn't been set yet =(

Thanks for complimenting!

Hi. Yes. No. Uh-huh. Of course. Well, I don't know what you're sayin', but if you wanna leave a message at the beep...

To be honest!

The onus is still technically on me to finish administering this competition. David only took over creating the competition because I was terribly busy.

Voting will open tonight. I promise! :D

And this is a new CMD who keeps his promises. ;)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

• 2 weeks later...

Well, as the winner of SOTW 16, I guess I should be choosing the theme for SOTW 17.

However, as usual, I'm drawing a blank, so I, would like to here your opinions, on what you think the theme for the next SOTW will be. I'll probably end up choosing something else, but who knows? :wink:

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Actually, I was waiting to see if any more suggestions would come up. Although Nab, you do have a good point: I could make the theme hell. :P

But, seeing as there are no other ideas, the theme for SOTW #17 is:

Typography!

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

I don't think so Brandon. If you don't limit the font, you can see who chooses the best font to use in their design, since the theme is typography in general. Font selection, along with composition and execution would be included into the voting criteria.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Alright, I guess one more clarification question: The idea is to only use one font in the design, correct? The font used would be up to each artist, but they can only use the one font.

Am I understanding this correctly?

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Wow, so many intricate details to work out. :P

I guess this would be the case, to see how the artist utilizes the one font to maximize the effect of their design.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png