Old SOTW discussion thread *depricated*

jake2k

:shock: w00t? They have vending machines for bacon?

If only... :wink:

:lol:

As for the next theme I dig the rock 'n roll suggestion (or maybe just music in general), but perhaps something christmassy would be more appropriate this time of year... Guess it's up to Helio now :wink:

dragonseyesig.png

Well, I just want a competition which isn't as open as this one, and also not as confusing. Mabye something Winter related, or something with a set topic, like something to advertise a website, or something using game renders, something different?

By something different, I mean something not classified under an art catergory (i.e, abstract, fan art, pyshedelec (spelled wrong, I know) etc.....)....

Anyways, lets see what Helio decides to do :)

I too agree that something a little less "open to interpretation" wouldn't be untoward... :wink:

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

How about...

Christmas + botany + bionics = Tannenbaum 2.0?

Anyway, the suggestions as of now seems to be

• [*:1bk5p685]Holidays
    [*:1bk5p685]Rockers
    [*:1bk5p685]Rocking instruments
    [*:1bk5p685]Botany
    [*:1bk5p685]Bionics
    [*:1bk5p685]Winter
    ... and...
    [*:1bk5p685]Bacon?

Do tell any suggestions and thoughts!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

BaCON!

(It's an abbreviation. Bad Composition, Overwhelmingly Non-pretty. Basically, we see how hideous we can make a sig. :-))

It started out as a joke, but I'm now kind of serious...it might become an Overflow game at some point, once I've thought it out a bit better.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

BaCON!

(It's an abbreviation. Bad Composition, Overwhelmingly Non-pretty. Basically, we see how hideous we can make a sig. :-))

It started out as a joke, but I'm now kind of serious...it might become an Overflow game at some point, once I've thought it out a bit better.

That...would be awesome. A hideous sig... :)

Well, it's Sunday. Time to decide. I'm thinking winter. Last thoughts?

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Winter holidays, or just winter in general?

My vote would be for winter in general, because that could also include any yuletide holiday under its blanket of abstraction. :wink:

Anyway, my play was to open it tonight. Let me know your final decision once you've made it.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Yep, I was thinking just 'Winter'. That can mean holidays and/or weather... lots of things.

Number 12 is on!

Check it out

---

So, I've been thinking about kinda aping what Helio started doing with the MSC, that being making a new discussion thread. This one is 45 pages long, full of a lot of now-unnecessary discussion. I wouldn't make a new one for every competition since we don't choose the theme by a poll, but it'd probably end up being every ten competitions or so, when the thread size just starts to feel cumbersome.

Whaddaya think? Does the thread size feel weighty and large to you as well?

~ Becoming the Archetype

I'd say making a new thread for discussion sounds like a good idea; maybe at the time of the next competition once it hits fifty?

Also:

"Sig-Of-The-Week Theme Discussion *Gettin' a theme for 12*"

Not anymore. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Wow I just posted...

I spent a couple hours messing with it, but I'm not too satisfied. I SHOULD NOT have posted yet, because it doesn't follow the topic of 'what Winter means to you' -- it's just a seasons diagram... I dunno - what do you guys think of it?

I'm liking the other entries - the ones that interest me the most are the 100% PDN ones - that's where the skill is. Good job everyone so far - the sigs are looking good! :D

-007 Nab

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

The current deadline say Sunday, December 15th.

Sunday is the 16th. :wink:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Thanks for the catch! The date has been revised.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Whew! I still have time...