Old SOTW discussion thread *depricated*

What time would that be in British time?

I'm guessing around seven-ish at night.

GMT closing time would be 08:00 Sunday 28th October.

(Don't forget BST ends at 02:00 that day, so you even have an extra hour to perfect your creation).

Um...I think it's been moved back to November 4 this year... no?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I posted a piece of work on deviantArt that used Polar Inversion and it has sparked a bit of discussion. I happened to mention that it was a possible theme for SOTW and there are a few people in favour.

Previous discussion in this thread has also indicated a lot of interest:

We were talking in the PDN Chat channel the other day about a theme. Possible ideas that were suggested were:

• [*:18is6z8h]Abstract
    The downside is it's extremely open-ended, but the advantage is it's extremely open-ended. Interpretation is always fun.

• [*:18is6z8h]Polar Inversion
    It'd be interesting to see people try to make something new and interesting out of what is most likely the most overused and generally despised effect PDN has.

I believe I rooted for the polar inversion theme. The results may be interesting...
+1
+2
+3 for polar inversion
+4 (even though I have no idea what I'd do...) :P
Woohoo! Someone considered my idea of Polar Inversion. :D

Well, actually, 5 of you did.

I know SOTW #10 hasn't been completed (still waiting on the voting to open), but in the mean-time I would like to add another vote for a Polar Inversion theme. We'll have to wait and see who wins the last one, as it'll be their choice.

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

You have a sig? :shock: A few other people say they have sigs, but I can't see them, so it must be a FireFox thing. :?

I have FF and see everybody's signatures. Weird.

Moi aussi. Firefox is teh kool. Rubrica, I think you have problems. ;-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

BTW, did you recieve the PM I sent you?

Hmm. Yeah, I have it... And it's marked as read. I must have glanced at it when I was in the middle of something else, because I don't remember reading it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Sorry about that. I'll take a look at it this evening. I'm leaving town in just a bit to spend Thanksgiving with the family. :)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

BTW, did you recieve the PM I sent you?

Hmm. Yeah, I have it... And it's marked as read. I must have glanced at it when I was in the middle of something else, because I don't remember reading it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Sorry about that. I'll take a look at it this evening. I'm leaving town in just a bit to spend Thanksgiving with the family. :)

I'll just e-mail you the thing which I wanted to give you, meaning there won't be a huge send things over thing. :)