Offering commercial plugins allowed?

The Text Pro plugin is a commercial plugin on this forum.

The following is quoted from post 20 of that thread.

Mozilla makes $100 million+ per year on Firefox. Making money by giving stuff away for free is a profitable business model for many.

Paint.NET does indeed make me money, via donations and website ads. Do you think I would tolerate the spiteful and moronic comments over at http://blog.getpaint.net/2009/11/06/a-n ... ntnet-v35/if I weren't?

But yeah, charging for a plugin is no big deal. He won't get any preferential treatment though -- e.g., if I start getting lots of crash reports, then it'll be blocked in the next update just like any other plugin would be.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

If you decide to give your plugin away for free, we do have the capability here on the forum to add a PayPal Donate button to your post.

Like so:

[donate=your@email.address]Description of your product[/donate]
Which would make something like this:

$

I have one of these donate buttons on my plugin pack page and I get donations once in a while. You won't get rich, but people do use it.

You won't get rich, but people do use it.

QFT.

If you decide to give your plugin away for free, we do have the capability here on the forum to add a PayPal Donate button to your post.

Like so:

$USD $ GBP £ EUR € JPY ¥ CAD $ AUD $

I have one of these donate buttons on my plugin pack page and I get donations once in a while. You won't get rich, but people do use it.

Thanks BoltBait - I have been wondering how some people put that in their posts. Great option to have.

Like so:

$USD $ GBP £ EUR € JPY ¥ CAD $ AUD $

@ BoltBait

Forgot to ask: any help pages on this donate tags with additional customization options?

Unfortunately not.  I can add that if you place a semi-colon after your product description a custom amount can be entered...

[donate=youremail@address]Description of product;9.99[/donate]
Makes the default amount $9.99. I don't think a default currency can be specified.

On 4/3/2015 at 8:19 PM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Unfortunately not.  I can add that if you place a semi-colon after your product description a custom amount can be entered...

[donate=youremail@address]Description of product;9.99[/donate]
Makes the default amount $9.99. I don't think a default currency can be specified.

BoltBait's site has currency specified - see donation at the bottom of the following page: https://boltbait.com/pdn/InstallingEffects.php

Perhaps BB can shed some light on this?