How to duplicate a picture to make it side by side

Hi everyone,

I have been searching for a few days & many hours on the forum for an answer & I am unable to find it. Maybe I missed it somewhere but none the less I need help please. I have a transparent background pic with a symbol

KhandaBlack1_zpsb10365fa.png

I want to duplicate this exact symbol so the are side by side (not touching each other) but close to each other as many times as I can on the picture size I have created. I know people do this, I just don't know how without adding a new layer & then having to move the object using the Move Selected Pixel etc. This will take forever or me to do this on a 300 dpi of a 6000x6000 pic frame. Any help is grateful.

I was afraid of that. I was hoping for a little bit simpler way but thank you.

Once you have your first two images side by side, it's just a matter of repeating the steps, then when you reach the end of your canvas size, there may be part of your image going off the canvas, just use the eraser to eliminate any unwanted parts :)

Remember each time you duplicate / flip, your image will go from Two to Four etc... Shortening the process each time. 

• Upvote 1

ZXCBOoZ.png

Not quite sure I understand what you are wanting to do Traci.

Nitenurses method will work but you could try this method too:

You could use Layers/Rotate&Zoom and check the Tiling box then decrease the size.

If you want the repeats to touch each other you will first need to expand the object image to touch the canvas edges - or reduce the canvas size to 'fit' the shape.

eg.

jF69YNb.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

You could try these plugins :

Photo Flood Fill -- http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/1292-photo-flood-fill-plug-in/

And this one is still in beta, so the only place I have seen it is in this thread -- http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/28149-paint-4-photo-flood-fill-plug-in/?p=407315

But I personally would pretty much do what Nitenurse is saying, a pattern of repeating. 

-- First I would duplicate the original layer and make the original invisible and not touch it, leaving it there just as a reference or something to copy in case of a mistake.

-- Then, working with the duplicate layer as the main layer, I would do this pattern :

Select item with Rectangle Select > Move item with Move Selected Pixels tool (using arrow keys on keyboard helps with perfect placement) > Merge item > Duplicate item > Select item > Move item > Merge item > Repeat.

Just as Nitenurse said, your item will grow by duplicating and merging, which will make filling the canvas from one side to the other side fairly fast.

You may also like these plugins to help center your items :

Object Align from this pack -- http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/8375-drop-shadow-and-other-effects-krisvdms-plugin-pack-updated-2010-10-26/

Align Object Plugin -- http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/4193-align-object-plugin-updated-06172007/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I got it done. I first positioned the first design where I wanted it. The I just used Import From File. I continued to do this for the 1st row till I got it the way I wanted it. Then, I saved it in PNG. The I repeated by doing the Import From File. Positioned it under the 1st row & kept doing this till I got it where I wanted it. BTW, yes each time I would merge layer down. It was a bit time consuming but none the less, I learned something new. Thank you all for your advice. Also, Cc4FuzzyHuggles: I will check out that plugin as well for later references.

Red Ochre, yes that is exactly the way I was making mine. I am new to Paint & learning new ways to make things. Hoping some day to get a little fancier with unusual this but 1 step at a time for me. There are so many steps to take to do things & if I don't write down each step, I get lost lol. Thank you all.

I was thinking that the Panelling plugin would also do what you want.