RECOLOR IMAGE

I need to change color to an image.For my first exercise I have an apple.

The secondary color is red, the primary color is orange.

I select the item 'RECOLOR' and I click to the apple.Unfortunately nothing happen.Can you help me?

I have Window 7 anf Paint.net 3.5.

Best regards.

Sergio from Italy

post-85278-131573016787_thumb.jpg

Hi Sergio, welcome to the forum.

I think you're wanting help with the Recolor Tool pdn35icons.RecoloringToolIcon.png right? If I'm correct, follow this link: http://www.getpaint....ecolorTool.html

Read the text carefully, especially the first paragraph and the piece about the recolor tool being linked to the brush width.

Try increasing the brush width and using the mouse to "paint" over the apple in broad strokes.

Paint.net 3.5? You mean 3.5.8 don't you? If you don't have 3.5.8 installed then go to the Utiilities menu & click on "Check for updates".

• Upvote 1

Hi Sergio, welcome to the forum.

I think you're wanting help with the Recolor Tool pdn35icons.RecoloringToolIcon.png right? If I'm correct, follow this link: http://www.getpaint....ecolorTool.html

Read the text carefully, especially the first paragraph and the piece about the recolor tool being linked to the brush width.

Try increasing the brush width and using the mouse to "paint" over the apple in broad strokes.

Paint.net 3.5? You mean 3.5.8 don't you? If you don't have 3.5.8 installed then go to the Utiilities menu & click on "Check for updates".

Hello Ego.

I mean 3.5.8. I would not paint the apple again, I need to change the color. Probably this tool is not able to do this. Of course increasing the brush I can paint the apple with a new colour but I must be careful to the margins. Best regards. Sergio

Hello Ego.

I mean 3.5.8. I would not paint the apple again, I need to change the color. Probably this tool is not able to do this. Of course increasing the brush I can paint the apple with a new colour but I must be careful to the margins. Best regards. Sergio

Hello Ego.

I tried the change of SATURATION and it's ok.

Anyway, thank you for your message.

Sergio

also color tint, color filter, curves, and conditional hue/satutration and there are other ways--

Hello Mountnman.

Thank you for your tip.

Best regards

Sergio

....Probably this tool is not able to do this.

I assure you it is the right tool for the job!

Of course increasing the brush I can paint the apple with a new colour but I must be careful to the margins.

No, you're thinking of the recolor tool as an ordinary paint brush. It's not. Think of it as a selective brush. It will only recolor the bits that fall within the range of the Secondary color (modified by the tolerance setting in the toolbar). This means that you can be sloppy with the margins because the white background is not even close to the original color of the apple boltbait.big_smile.png

• Upvote 1

There are a few ways to do this. The recolor tool, in my opinion, just complicates things.

easy way:(only if you don't have a stem and leaf on the apple)

Step 1: open the hue/saturation adjustment window

Step 2: adjust hue slider

Other easy way:(You don't need this if you don't have a stem and leaf on the apple)

Step 1: click on link

Step 2: download pack

Step 3: install plugins

Step 4: run conditional hue/saturation adjustment at desired settings

EDIT:

rainbowapple.png

see? rainbow apple in less than 10 clicks.

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo