Rotation on vertical axis

I am in the process of doing an animation for a PPT presentation. I have several series of images like the one attached which represents a card with some holes in it flat (if you like) on the desktop. I'd like to rotate the image 30 degrees about its vertical axis giving the (isometric) impression that it faces to the right (or left). Is there a functionality in Paint.NET which can achieve this?

Thanks

post-58725-130355040225_thumb.gif

It's too easy to say 'It's too hard'!"

I may have misunderstood but If you want to give the impression of rotating around the vertical axis, through the picture plane, then the "Quadrilateral reshape" plug in is very useful.

What I really need, I guess, is the equivalent of Stretch/Skew in MSPaint. I think that is what you were getting at.

I did a search in Paint.NET for "Quadrilateral Reshape" and found "EOEffects.dll". 'Scuse this dummy, but (1) where do I file it, and (2) where does it show up in Paint.NET?

Thanks

It's in 'Evanolds' plug in pack, which is pinned in the plugins section. Once you've unzipped it and put it in the effects folder, it shows up under Effects/distorts/quadrilateral reshape.

- I've used it when trying to unskew photos of real paintings that have been taken from an angle.

Just had a look in my effects folder and I presume the effect is in EOeffects.dll, as I've got the effect but no .dll called quadrilateral reshape!

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

It's in 'Evanolds' plug in pack, which is pinned in the plugins section. Once you've unzipped it and put it in the effects folder, it shows up under Effects/distorts/quadrilateral reshape.

EOEffects.dll is the library alright and it goes in C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects. So far, so good ... but ...

These images come in series - 48 to a set in this animation. The shear action to give the isometric effect must be constant, and preferably with some sort of setting mechanism to guarantee that. Otherwise each frame has a card with a different shape ...

At present, I have to create the images in Paint.NET as GIF files, skew them in MSPaint as BMP files, then reconvert them to GIF files in Paint.NET. It works, but it's a bit of a drag. I'd be delighted to find that there is a plug-in for Paint.NET that handles the job in house.

Like welshblue suggested, Layers - Rotate / Zoom should work better, especially for a series of images.

For the first image, press Ctrl-Shift-Z on the keyboard (or click Layers on the menu and then Rotate / Zoom). Play with the Twist Radius angle until you get the effect you are looking for, make a note of the angle, press OK.

As long as you keep Paint.NET open, Ctrl-Shift-Z for all subsequest images will open the Layers - Rotate / Zoom dialogue box with the same Twist Radius angle suggested and you'll only have to press OK. Hence your "setting mechanism" to guarantee a "constant isometric effect".

If you close Paint.NET and re-open it, you'll just have to type the correct angle in the Twist Radius field.

Edited by Djisves

Xkds4Lh.png

MadJik, I read the thread you linked to and I don't think it is relevant in this case. rickduley does not ask how to apply a series of rotations to gradually change the perspective of one image. What he wants is to apply an identical rotation/perspective change to a series of images.

Xkds4Lh.png