Trouble With Screenshots.

hey, Skitzo here.

i gotta problem alright.

Im going to be posting a tutorial real soon, bu tthe thing is, the screenshots!!

I dont know what to do! So can anyone please tell me a good program or a method

to making screenshots, ive tried like literally 6 different ways of making them..but

they were either too long to make or the image was meesed up.

thanks,

Skitzo

Make sure you read the tutorial posting guidelines before posting a tutorial. The fact that you're unfamiliar with Print Screen worries me that you might not be familiar enough with the program to write a tutorial. "Newbies should be following tutorials, not writing them."

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Make sure you read the tutorial posting guidelines before posting a tutorial. The fact that you're unfamiliar with Print Screen worries me that you might not be familiar enough with the program to write a tutorial. "Newbies should be following tutorials, not writing them."

Yea thanks for reminding me. I have read the rules and guidelines many times. When i make my tutorial, I give you my word its not going to be "noobish", or simple.

did you post in your gallery the picture of what you will attempt a tut on? generally it should be something exceptional that makes others stand up and say wow! (and by that I don't mean another bunch of newbies but those that have been around and using the program awhile, something exceptional, something original)

did you post in your gallery the picture of what you will attempt a tut on? generally it should be something exceptional that makes others stand up and say wow! (and by that I don't mean another bunch of newbies but those that have been around and using the program awhile, something exceptional, something original)

well, my gallery is under construction, i accidentally erased everything..

but yeah, i get what your trying to say. You know what, ima work more on the project im trying to make a tut. on. thank you!

actually I checked your da gallery, you have some nice work, but be warned there are so so many sig tuts its hard to come up with original ideas. Its not a mark of merit to write a tut and not something you have to do to be part of this forum.

look forward to viewing your gallery once you have it up and running.

ciao

OMA

PS sometimes when I need to do a screen capture to answere a question, I zoom in a bit before I press print screen then crop out the extra screen portion not needed. not sure what you are working on but perhaps try zoom first. Becareful downloading screencapture programs there are loads with virus.

actually I checked your da gallery, you have some nice work, but be warned there are so so many sig tuts its hard to come up with original ideas. Its not a mark of merit to write a tut and not something you have to do to be part of this forum.

look forward to viewing your gallery once you have it up and running.

ciao

OMA

PS sometimes when I need to do a screen capture to answere a question, I zoom in a bit before I press print screen then crop out the extra screen portion not needed. not sure what you are working on but perhaps try zoom first. Becareful downloading screencapture programs there are loads with virus.

ahh, ok i will certaintly try it.

I really appreciate it, thanks a bunch :)

1. CTRL+PrintScreen or Alt+PrintScreen both work, I'm not sure of the difference if there is one.

2. Open a new image and hit CTRL + V to paste the clipboard image onto the canvas.

3. Choose Expand Canvas when the prompt asks what to do 'cos the clipboard image is larger than the canvas.

4. Rectangle select :RectangleSelectTool: the area you want to show.

5. Hit CTRL + Shift + X to crop the canvas to the selected size.

Takes but a second....,

1. CTRL+PrintScreen or Alt+PrintScreen both work, I'm not sure of the difference if there is one.

2. Open a new image and hit CTRL + V to paste the clipboard image onto the canvas.

3. Choose Expand Canvas when the prompt asks what to do 'cos the clipboard image is larger than the canvas.

4. Rectangle select :RectangleSelectTool: the area you want to show.

5. Hit CTRL + Shift + X to crop the canvas to the selected size.

Takes but a second....,

aah, i understand.

thanks a bunch!