Color Corruption

are you tired of physcocolour? well good for you, cause i have an alternate version!

The effect works by analyzing each pixel in the source image and applying a corruption effect based on the provided parameters. Here's how the corruption is applied:

Each pixel's red, green, and blue components are scaled to the range of [0, 1].

The pixel's RGB components are used to determine the group within the specified width and height.

A random value is generated based on the combination of the group's attributes and the seed value.

If this random value is less than the specified intensity, the pixel's color is adjusted using a new random color derived from the original color and the random value.

The primary color (defined as white by default) is then applied to modify the pixel's RGB components.

The modified pixel is then placed into the destination image.

Overall, the "Corrupt Effect" can add a visually interesting and slightly chaotic look to images, creating the appearance of digital corruption or glitching. The user has control over the width, height, intensity, and randomness of the corruption, allowing for a wide range of creative possibilities.

glitch.png

PixelColorCorruptor.zip

So this is a random effect?

Are you able to predict the result on a given image with any accuracy?

This is why we have publishing rules here on the forum.

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/117240-guidelines-for-publishing-plugins/

13.   Please don't be in a rush to publish Plugins.

As a rule of thumb, if you have little experience writing C# apps, then think twice before posting a plugin. As BoltBait said, "Noobs should be using plugins, not publishing them."  

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

On 8/14/2023 at 1:54 PM, lucasdoespaintneteffects said:

... are you tired of physcocolour?

3 hours ago, lucasdoespaintneteffects said:

... and im mostly tired of physcocolour ...

What's this physcocolour thing you're referring to?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

And besides? What were your problems with psychocolour? Perhaps Red ochre could do something about it, or maybe even have a say on this?

If you’re going to make something that essentially competes with something else, you may want to at least compare what you made to the thing you’re trying to provide an alternative to, so everyone is in the clear.

• Upvote 1

PDN Forums Signature 2.png

2 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

This is why we have publishing rules here on the forum.

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/117240-guidelines-for-publishing-plugins/

Specifically these two points....

12.   Don't publish Plugins that are simply compilations of effects.

By all means make them for your own use, but do not publish them here unless you're sure a Mod will go "Wow". Even then, another Mod may go "Meh" and delete it.

13.   Please don't be in a rush to publish Plugins.

As a rule of thumb, if you have little experience writing C# apps, then think twice before posting a plugin. As BoltBait said, "Noobs should be using plugins, not publishing them."  

@lucasdoespaintneteffects - please don't feel discouraged. You created your first plugin and got it working. This is actually a huge achievement. 👍

Please keep creating, testing and learning. By all means drop your plugins into the Developers section of the forum for advice and critique before you consider publishing them.

I'll shortly move this thread into the Dev section. There you can continue to develop this plugin and also improve your skills and understand how and why plugins are written.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Tactilis said:

But psychocolour is a different matter entirely. Can't get enough of it 😉

Good man!💰😉

If people really want to play with the code to create different 'odd' colours, the original code is here... my very first... or maybe second post on the forum!

• Like 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

12 minutes ago, Red ochre said:

If people really want to play with the code to create different 'odd' colours, the original code is here... my very first... or maybe second post on the forum!

A dozen years ago we were quite a team :)

• Thanks 1

Also, one more thing that should help in development (of pretty much any field now that I think of it):

Although AI can be useful in some fields, you shouldn’t use AI for every single thing you do when you make something.

It’s okay to use it for minimal things, such as advice, among other non-major things that won’t really matter to the end user, not everything can be automated.

You shouldn’t have AI do the job for you when it comes to making content, among other things. It’s essentially having someone do the job for you, and that’s often heavily discouraged.

It’s a good thing you were able to get your own plugin up and running, but you always have to put your own work into something you present.

Make sure you at least contribute a good amount to your work, and it should be considered fine.

Happy creating!

PDN Forums Signature 2.png