Pixey

Tennis Ball  

8 members have voted

1. 1. You may vote for 2 entries.

• Tennis-Ball-1.png
    • OOTF_95a.png
    • Tennis-Ball-OOTF-Entry-3.png

This poll is closed to new votes

The Poll is now open for the Tennis Ball competition and will be open until Saturday 6th August, 2022,

until 2 PM EST and 7 PM UK time.

Great entries for such a difficult subject 😵

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

And the winners are:

In First Place is @MJW with 7 votes 🥇

In Second Place is @lynxster4 with 5 votes 🥈

In Third Place is @Pixey with 3 votes 🥉

Congratulations @MJW and @lynxster4 your entries were awesome 😍.  I could not get the fuzz at all.  Did you two use: Noise and Zoomblur in the process?  I tried that, and Furblur but with no sucess.  Well done.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• Pixey changed the title to OotF#95 - Tennis Ball - Winners 👏

Congrats @MJW and @Pixey!  That was rather difficult, but @MJW, yours looked perfect, well-done.

@Pixey I used @ReMake's Reticulation and @Red ochre's Furblur to achieve the fuzz. It was lots of playing around with furblur to get something I liked.

Thanks for hosting @Pixey!  🥰

• Upvote 2

Congratulations, @lynxster4 and @Pixey! That theme was much more challenging than it seemed like it would be. The shading of the seam in lynxster4's ball is especially nice.

I used Furblur to do the fuzz. As lynxster4 mentioned, it takes a bit of experimentation to find the right settings. I believe I ended up running it twice to add fur to the fur. I also ran BoltBait's Feather, which helped soften the look of the fuzz along the ball's edge. A trick I used (which I was rather pleased with) is that I added a  bumpy texture a sphere with Texture Merger, shaded it using Texture Shader, then ran Furblur. That provided some shading variation to the strands of fuzz.

• Upvote 1