Make a bump map more yellow/brownish than black

Go to solution Solved by Ego Eram Reputo,

Hello

I'm making a golf course and you apply a texture, and then you can add an texture over that one (using Unity game engine), and I generated a bump map:

WnC92Sc.png

And I want to change the black/grey to make it yellow/brownish...... AND make the lighter ones in the image like 90-100% transparent...

How you go about doing that?

1 hour ago, Lasse Edsvik said:

Is there a way to make the white areas more transparent before applying that? Or do you have to like manually delete areas?

Try using Color Clearer with the Color to Make Transparent set to white. If the overall result is too transparent, you can use Red ochre's Alphathreshold to adjust the transparency range, or for more complete control (with more complexity), pyrochild's Curves+. It would be better to start with a map that goes the full range from black to white, then after running Color Clearer, run Brightness/Contrast to lighten the result to the desired range of gray. Otherwise, when you modify the transparency with Alphathreshold or Curves+, the range of transparency may be overly discontinuous.

(This method assumes you want pixels to smoothly increase in transparency as the lightness increases, though adjusting the alpha channel afterward with Curves+ could allow a quite sudden transition, if that's your goal.)

To change the map from white to brown, I'd try Ed Harvey's Color Filter.

• Solution
2 hours ago, Lasse Edsvik said:

Is there a way to make the white areas more transparent before applying that?

Ref Pixey's image above. When you've set ther Primary color to yellow, open the More tab in the Colors window and reduce the transparency of the yellow shade. Then render the clouds. That will make the brighter areas of the texture more transparent.

cloudsdemo.jpg