Chowie's Creations- Neon Signs

Chowie

I've been using PDN for a while and I finally have a computer again to use it. I've always loved the look of stained glass, and I've also loved playing MtG. A lot of people have made altered cards in the Stained Glass style, so I decided to give it a shot. Here's a few of my recent creations.

5p6OWHL.png

Stained Glass Forest: I made a bunch of glass textures and just went wild. Everything has its own texture. This was mostly an experiment in texture, colors, and layers.

zQvx1je.png

Black Lotus: This one was testing Opalescent glass, frame/ caming, and brickwork.

Uihzv8q.png

Glass of the Guildpact: This one was way more in depth than the other two. This one I based directly off the card art but added in some more color. I was trying mimic the perception of light coming through the glass and shining on the bricks around the glass. Imgur is being funky and not linking directly to the image, so here's a direct link for the fullsize: https://i.imgur.com/Uihzv8q.jpg

Edited by Chowie
Fixing image links
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

bass-2small.png.bc299ad077e32232f98f4dd98922841e.png

• Chowie changed the title to Chowie's Creations- Neon Signs

On 8/23/2023 at 11:45 AM, Manc said:

Thought you might like this.

Made it from a tutorial by @lynxster4 a couple of years ago.

rose.png

I have tried her stained glass tutorial, and I do like the results. I use them sparingly to embellish other parts of some stained glass from time to time.

I have a lot of stuff I need to finish and upload, I just haven't gotten around to it. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
Posted (edited)

JsKyGBA.png

My latest creation is really just two pictures mashed together(The sunset is a stock photo from google). I've been using PDN for a lot of photo editing lately- I do have another program for editing RAWs, but I use PDN for most of the JPGs that my camera spits out.

Edited by Chowie
  • Like 1