Requesting help to identify the "Effects" used to replicate a fabric like material.

Hello, I would like to request assistance on identifying the procedure used to create the following fabric/cloth texture:

• Desired Texture
    1166770086_FinishedTexture.PNG.921303e1075f31745da8a3678cd99384.PNG 

Please ignore the shading, because I know with certainty that was added over the texture. What I would like to know is how to replicate this kind of fabric, which in my opinion looks like a "Gunny Sack/Burlap Texture". Perhaps with plugin?

• Failed Attempt

Attempt.PNG.343b474dfb74a665c8f1938f3266c99b.PNG

While I was messing around with the Paint.Net "Effects" tab, I managed to find one that in theory could look similar, that is the "Noise" effect. I did this by removing all "Color Saturation" from it and with a low "Intensity". But as you can see the pixels are everywhere, while in the first texture they're grouped together in a way that resembles a knitted pattern.

------

@R T A Welcome to the forum.  Did you try looking here? There are a lot of tutorials on making different textures.

https://forums.getpaint.net/forum/28-textures/

Some may able to be adapted to suit your needs.  🙂

• Like 1

Hello @R T A and welcome to the forum :)

It's really, really hard to see the texture in the images you've posted.  At a guess, perhaps denim?  If so, here is a tutorial:

https://pdnfans.proboards.com/thread/121/denim-pocket-image-heavy

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

On 6/2/2021 at 8:01 AM, lynxster4 said:

@R T A Welcome to the forum.  Did you try looking here? There are a lot of tutorials on making different textures.

https://forums.getpaint.net/forum/28-textures/

Some may able to be adapted to suit your needs.  🙂

I didn't see that there was a section of the forum just for textures, thank you for providing the link!

On 6/2/2021 at 12:36 PM, Pixey said:

Hello @R T A and welcome to the forum :)

It's really, really hard to see the texture in the images you've posted.  At a guess, perhaps denim?  If so, here is a tutorial:

https://pdnfans.proboards.com/thread/121/denim-pocket-image-heavy

Yes, I agree, but the problem is that the original image has a very low resolution and the colors don't help much either.

I saw that denim post on google, while I was searching for a way to replicate the texture, but I didn't think it would fit with the texture I'm going for. Maybe I will try tweaking it a little.

On 6/2/2021 at 3:05 PM, Joshua Lamusga said:

I think the person that made that texture first drew that in a smaller size (where every square was actually 1x1 pixels), added noise, and upscaled with the nearest neighbor algorithm (no blending between pixels)

That's a possibility, I tried that and, although I couldn't replicate the exact pattern, I really loved the result. Didn't really know you could do this, I will probably use it on future projects. Thanks!

Hi @R T A

I played around a bit and came up with this

Silk-Tartan.png

Because of the dark colors I wasn't quite sure if this was what you were trying to achieve.

One layer is the brown, next is a satin texture generated by G'MIC_QT , then motion blurred, then a small gingham pattern generated by Paint.Net using some dark colors. Blend Modes of each layer played a factor as well. Hope this helps. :)

• Thanks 1

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png