Reptorian's G'MIC Code Workshop

Reptillian

I'm working on improving Fragment Blur for G'MIC. Here's some improvements.

1. Speed is over 500 times faster though not as fast as PDN version, but it's usable in many more cases. From a test I did with 50 iteration with a image that has 4000x3000. It goes from 30-90 minutes to 6 seconds. That's how fast it is now.
  2. Better handling of picture info. If some info are not needed to be processed, they will not be processed. In some cases, some options are taken out because it doesn't match expectations.
  3. Added bug handling option, in case of image going over-range or under-range as a result of the filter. You probably are not going to noticed, but just in case, you have this option.
  4. It behaves almost 100% proper to 100% proper in all cases. The current one has issues with certain images. The new one will fix it to the point where it's usable in every cases.

So, with color space option and speed and bug handling options, it's now getting to be a go-to option if you want a little extra.

Note - Bug handling option has another side which is that it can improve the result. So, you could try that when it gets here. But for now, I'm working on it.

G'MIC Filter Developer

I am away from this forum for undetermined amount of time: If you really need anything related to my PDN plugin or my G'MIC filter within G'MIC plugin, then you can contact me via Paint.NET discord, and mention me.

After a huge amount of effort, I have solved the fragment blur. Now I know how it works.

Details here - https://github.com/dtschump/gmic-community/pull/207

Image that was created with G'MIC Fragment Blur - Dwoq2OC.png

Please ignore the border, I'm not sure how to fix that pasting bug.

Edited by Reptillian
  • Like 1

G'MIC Filter Developer

I am away from this forum for undetermined amount of time: If you really need anything related to my PDN plugin or my G'MIC filter within G'MIC plugin, then you can contact me via Paint.NET discord, and mention me.

@lynxster4 There's two filters that I don't see useful enough to be worth fixing, but I really like to know if you think Vibrato and Channel Overblur... filters are useful enough for me to extend them. I could add anti-aliasing, and blending mode options to vibrato as well as make the gradient continuous.

Next filters I'll be fixing

1. Color Modulo Texture (Tricky)
  2. Restore color manipulation toolbox for Transfer Colors [Reduced] filter
Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

@Reptillian, please don't let me influence what you do to your g'mic filters.

But, here's my opinion.  I probably won't ever use Vibrato. It's just not my thing and I don't ever see me using it in my artwork.

Not to say you shouldn't do this:  add anti-aliasing, and blending mode options to vibrato as well as make the gradient continuous.

Channel Overblur...I got some interesting results, but sometimes I get a 'Preview Timeout' and I have to close it.

Lots of sliders and I fully don't know how to use all of them, but I can see me using this plugin.

Thanks for the Fragment Blur!  It seems to be identical to the PDN plugin and the addition of 'Color Space' drop-down menu just adds to it!

I've gotten some images that I'm thinking 'how can I use this in my artwork?', I like it so much.

Keep on doing what what you're doing @Reptillian I appreciate it!  🍩

@lynxster4 No worry about the influence, all I wanted was a bit of feedback. What I do is up to no one.

I fixed Alpha Normalization bug on G'MIC Fragment Blur and made a pull request. Also new filter which is on the same pull request.

image.png.9966594812514fe37d1a569d88987aae.png

@Eli @Iota16 Thank you so much for encouragement for this filter.

• Like 2

G'MIC Filter Developer

Delete this please.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

Deleted because it's not necessary anymore.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

Deleted because it's not necessary anymore.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

Thorn Fractal - Secant Sea Filter is coming soon - Pull Request : https://github.com/dtschump/gmic-community/pull/210

Some images of the filters - It's basically a different version of Strange Attractor made by @MadJik

image.png.5ce38d63217ac85c17a3cbe41a4b23dd.png

Edited by Reptillian
  • Like 2

G'MIC Filter Developer

Thorny Fractal - Secant Sea filter is on G'MIC.

Also, I wanted to share this.

mm827Vz.png

That was made with the Thorny Fractal - Secant Sea filter.

Here's the setting

Escape - 1000000
    Loop - 353
    Subsampling Level - 8.929
    Distortion X Formula - Petallian
    Distortion X - 7
    Distortion Y - -8.3
    Random Color Map - 
    Colours - 6
    Seed - 2116

After that, it's just modifying the color. I did applied it to a much bigger picture though.

Edited by Reptillian
  • Like 1

G'MIC Filter Developer

2 hours ago, Eli said:

@Reptillian The autofill coloring book effect really works. Would it be possible to add an option to use colors from a colors palette?

coloring-magic-56a7c1b.png

I can do that, but I'm thinking this would imply that either I should fill with nearest nonexisting colors if number of areas exceed a palette, or refill it with the current palette, or to do with random colors. It would take some time for me to implement, but right now I'm having bad case of insomnia, so it might not be possible any time soon on my end. That, and I do have some plans to fix my filter or implement a new filter.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

1 hour ago, Reptillian said:

I can do that, but I'm thinking this would imply that either I should fill with nearest nonexisting colors if number of areas exceed a palette, or refill it with the current palette, or to do with random colors.

That would be a great enhancement. Thanks.

I'm not so sure if I can manage to make this new filter works with Paint.NET, but it needs to be asked though. Is there any way one can create pictures side by side from videos and import into paint.net? This new filter is basically z-depth render where you use a clipboard image to determine which frame to render.

483380799_3timeimage.jpg.9510b6881dd45b0fabfa193918d85a83.jpg

The above shows the effect of the filter with conical gradient. As you can see, there are 3 images, and the conical gradient determines the time.

G'MIC Filter Developer

I guess there isn't a good workaround to the issue of multiple images i.e more than 2 images. That being said, @Eli wanted a better brick solution. I made this. It doesn't have the disable top or left or right or bottom outline, but that can be done later (I'll have to update some filters later on with more features, but adding features is time-consuming as it is).

EDIT: Removed code as it isn't needed here. Also, GUI is finished.

image.png.c109a94d2f4970eeb140634f7ddf0c63.png

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

Brick filter has arrived though there's bugs in it. The bug fix will arrive in a few days or so. You can however test it and give me some feedbacks except for bugs.

G'MIC Filter Developer

I just got a idea to try to make realistic brick though this wasn't made with Paint.NET. I made it using Krita 4.3 Beta with the latest G'MIC.

jyLlf7J.png

• Like 1

G'MIC Filter Developer

Bricks bug fix has arrived. Only the offset bug remains, but I don't feel like fixing it any time soon.

G'MIC Filter Developer

Haven't posted a update here in a while, but now I'm definitely finishing up the GUI for updated Color Modulo Texture and adding error messages to it. Pull Request will start today tonight, or tomorrow!

EDIT: Pull Request - https://github.com/dtschump/gmic-community/pull/215/commits/2df65c65fe32ee4800b91fae021bdd879eb8872d

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

Ok, news, Color Modulo Texture upgrade has arrived!

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

I have news, I think I'm going to be back on Construction Material Texture. But, however, is there any buggy filter I should know about? I know I should fix some of the palettes in my reduced transfer filter. The OOBS filter is not something I care too much about for now, that’s very low on my priority. And yes, modulo filter needs a upgrade too.

G'MIC Filter Developer

Added Chaos Series from @MadJik Fractal Attractor to Thorn Fractal. 

It is on Pull Request.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

Another update, I have added begin statements, still on the same pull request - Found out how MadJik Chaos Alternating Formula works ; Begin Statements Added

Begin statements make sure that variables are only evaluated once in context of fill or f blocks or formula blocks. Think of it as

variable = 5

for(x,x<w,x++){

for(y,y<h,y++)

};

};

Variable = 5 equivalent to begin(variable=5;);

This mean some filters will be faster. There might be bugs though I doubt I made a mistake.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

Since new changes are not coming till 2.8, here's what will be available -

- Faster distortion filters with the usage of begin. Nebulous and Modulo Texture filter also have begin statements.

- Implemented Chaos from PDN Fractal Attractor to G'MIC Thorn Fractal

- Fixed Form Pixels

Honourable mention - Converted TR's Intense Filtration and placed it in G'MIC. It's more precise, but that's about it. Hue are in 0-360 range instead of 0-5999, this is more logical as well.

Upcoming - Upgraded TR's Glass Vignette with more than 10 options.

Edited by Reptillian
  • Like 2

G'MIC Filter Developer