null54

11 minutes ago, jjkkjjkk said:

Sorry I meant Pixey.

Ha, ha - I did wonder who piney was.  So glad you got it to work 😁

• Thanks 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Will this plugin be updated to work with V5 of PDN?   When I try to apply the effect on any jpg it does nothing.  The app does not appear to be busy or doing anything - I can move around the app, change settings in the plugin dialogue.  Clicking apply (or setting the 'automatically render' option) does not appear to be doing anything.

Thank you

Stewart Bourke

• null54 changed the title to Content Aware Fill (2023-01-26)

Release version 1.5.0.

This release is for Paint.NET 5.0+.

Changes:

• Converted the plugin to a BitmapEffect
  • Added icons for 125% and 150% dpi
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, fofovol said:

What about adding a new method for the content aware fill that has a ML model behind it? 

I am not planning to add that.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and thanks for this plugin but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I'm trying a sample pic where I cut out a circular area, and then I select that area and then run the plugin which results in nothing changing and the cutout area remaining blank.  I then select a larger circular area with the image being part of the cutout, and run the plugin, with the same results.  What's my mistake here running this?

10 minutes ago, Anhal Schwaab said:

What's my mistake here running this?

Which version of paint.net are you using?  I just ran it in 5.0.2 and it works fine.  Did you put the .dll into the Effects folder?

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

6 hours ago, Pixey said:

Which version of paint.net are you using?  I just ran it in 5.0.2 and it works fine.  Did you put the .dll into the Effects folder?

Hi, yup I'm running 5.0.2 and it is in the Effects folder.  When I run the plug in do I need to just select the area that I want to be filled in or do I need to select the blank area plus surrounding image for the plugin to take effect?

16 minutes ago, Anhal Schwaab said:

n do I need to just select the area that I want to be filled in

Select the hole/area with the magic wand and then run the Plugin.

30b8T8B.gif

2 hours ago, Pixey said:

Select the hole/area with the magic wand and then run the Plugin.

Well, I'm not sure why but this time it did work, thanks for the plugin, I'm excited to try it out more.

• null54 changed the title to Content Aware Fill (2023-04-30)

Release version 1.5.1.

Changes:

• Improved the UI responsiveness when changing settings.
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

PdnSig.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Downloaded the latest version of this, but it doesn't seem to be working with paint.net

The option is not showing up in the effects bar despite ContentAwareFill.dll being in the Effects folder.

I've used and enjoyed this in the past, thank you for it.

Did you look in Effects > Selection?

• 2 weeks later...

Literally signed up only to say thank you and confirm that the plugin worked perfect with the latest Paint.Net version (updated today).

Amazing job! Take care,

Miguel

• 2 months later...

This looks like an awesome tool, though I'm running into issues with it!

Mainly that the tool doesn't seem to make any changes after the "Rendering" bar fills up.

My fiancée and I got our engagement photos back but she was hoping to edit out her bra strap, so I'm hoping this tool helps. :) 

Paint Dot Net Version 5.0.10 (EDIT: I just updated to 5.0.11 and experienced the same issue)

Windows 11

I've recorded a video from installation all the way to use of the plugin to show the process I'm going through.

Am I doing something incorrectly here? Or is there a requirement that I'm not meeting?

Some advice would be really helpful!

Edited by Darkforge317

Hello @Darkforge317 when you select the strap, press delete, THEN run content aware fill whilst that area is still selected :) 

You may have to run it a couple of times for perfection:

content-aware-2.png 

• Like 1
  • Hooray 1

30b8T8B.gif

On 10/12/2023 at 8:46 AM, Pixey said:

Hello @Darkforge317 when you select the strap, press delete, THEN run content aware fill whilst that area is still selected :) 

You may have to run it a couple of times for perfection:

content-aware-2.png 

That makes a lot more sense now haha. Thank you! I'll give this a shot as soon as I get the chance to. I appreciate the help. 😁 

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone, have the same issue as darkforge with version 5.0.11
i did everything like darkforge317 in his video except i tryed to delete the area.
didn´t work either for me. would be cool if there will be an update later in the future

11 hours ago, Dinkel said:

o except i tryed to delete the area.
didn´t work either for me

Do you mean you couldn't delete the area?

1.  You must select the area you don't want.

2.  Make sure the area is selected.

3. Run Content Aware.

https://i.postimg.cc/9fSd2BtW/Video-2023-10-17-2-edit-0.gif

30b8T8B.gif

There seems to be some confusion happening here. Content aware fill doesn't require you to clear a selection. If you have selection feathering/antialiasing on while doing the whole selection clearing dance, you'll probably introduce unnecessary glitches at the edges, and otherwise just give yourself extra hassle. Doesn't seem related to the issue at hand either:

On 10/12/2023 at 5:23 AM, Darkforge317 said:

Mainly that the tool doesn't seem to make any changes after the "Rendering" bar fills up.

In the video you posted the rendering bar never fills up though. The effect just shuts down and it isn't meant to do that on its own, you must explicitly press OK or Cancel to finish it. I don't think you pressed esc before it's done?

Your image is absolutely huge at that 6000x4000 size, which explains why it runs so slowly, so maybe it choked on your computer before it managed to finish and crashed without a message, but I wouldn't have any idea why/how. I tried it on a 6000x6000 image with similar speed, but it did eventually actually finish and showed me the (expected kinds of) results. Could try to cut out the neck/upper back area into a separate smaller image, try to run Content Aware Fill there, and then paste the result back into the original image?

Edited by frio
tone down my cranky wording, excuse me

18 minutes ago, frio said:

Content aware fill doesn't require you to clear a selection.

Indeed deleting may not be required and can be done directly.

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

• 3 months later...