A couple elementary newbie type questions.

I want to paint over a photo but still see the photo behind it. Isn't there a way to set the percentage of the paintbrush from say 0 being invisible to 100 completely covering the photo? 

Also: Are there default gold/ bronze colors/ silver colors?  

:grin::mrviolet::jark::mrgreen:

2 minutes ago, drogo said:

I want to paint over a photo but still see the photo behind it. Isn't there a way to set the percentage of the paintbrush from say 0 being invisible to 100 completely covering the photo? 

Yes, just change the Opacity in the Colors window.

2 minutes ago, drogo said:

Also: Are there default gold/ bronze colors/ silver colors?  

Those are not colors, per se. You get a metallic look because of how light reflects off these materials.... Therefore, they can't be represented by solid colors.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Thanx y'all. The opacity should be easy/ simple enough. Even 4 me. But is there a hex for gold, silver, or bronze say? I get silver might be tricky because it comes somewhere between black and white with shine. 

Edited by drogo

26 minutes ago, welshblue said:

I'd love to extol the powers of Gradient Mapping ... but it doesn't like me; as all the crash logs in my folder testify to

@welshblue - I remember you saying this before.  I too used to have a problem with Gradient Mapping which made PDN crash a lot.  The solution for me was to thin out as many of my Plugins as possible until I found that it was caused by my Imgur Uploader Plugin and I had to remove it to stop GM'ing from crashing. 

Since then, and a few PDN updates, I was able to use Imgur Uploader again and the problem went away.  I think, then, that one of your Plugins is causing this and the only way to find out which one it is, is to skin down your Plugins and re-introduce them one-by-one.  Just a thought ;)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

We have an excellent Search option for things like this, in this thread:https://www.getpaint.net/search.html 

You can type in "Palette' and - viola - up comes:https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/WorkingWithPalettes.html

:D

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:49 AM, welshblue said:

TBH I've thinned them out drastically this week and not tried GM since then so will have a play later.

The last time it crashed I was sooo close to the perfect copper that I kicked a kitchen chair.  Not recommended when you're barefoot ... wasn't worth the pain or the ear-ache :lol:

Just to show why i got frustrated

Hide contents

crash_logs.jpg

I can see why you got a bit miffed at the kicking-dirt.gif.541138967865d4d1276faf5f84ae70a3.gif computer for failing to do what you want.    But it will all get sorted , I'm sure  therethere.gif

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️