Not sure what to call this

Hi there, I've tried searching for what this might be called, no luck. I'm looking for a tutorial that can show me how to do stuff like this: WLw4PIt.gif 

I'm not looking to do the animation, just how to make all that with a transparent background. I have found a tutorial on how to take something from an image and make it with a transparent background but it's not as complicated as this image is. Any advice would be great, I'm trying to make my own graphics (banners, headers, buttons, signatures) and what I have a vision for, I don't know how to accomplish.  Thank you for any help!

6 hours ago, Palmtrees said:

I've tried searching for what this might be called, but no luck ...

Perhaps because there's more than one thing going on here... including but not limited to: some splattering, a fingerprint, an axe blade, some sort of lattice grid.

Please choose one of those, and we can help you get started.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Hi @Palmtrees and Welcome.  There are few ways to do splatters.  You can download some splatter brushes and then use the Custom Mini Brushes Plugin.  Or, you could try using the Dents Plugin on an image.  Hope this helps :D.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Here is an example of how to make 'splatter'.

1.  Have your image on a layer in the middle of the canvas.

2.  Go to Distort - Dents and use these settings.

splatter.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

What about pyrochild's splatter plugin?   You could also try that.   :)