Sign in to follow this  
pyrochild

Smudge

GPU accelerated effects are quite fast. Try this one out, it uses one of the built-in effects in WPF. With my GeForce GTX 260 Core 216, it's very fluid while dragging the slider around. The Gaussian Blur in Paint.NET, which obviously uses the CPU, is nowhere near as fast.

.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is required.

WpfBlur.zip

GPU accelerated effects are quite fast. Try this one out, it uses one of the built-in effects in WPF. With my GeForce GTX 260 Core 216, it's very fluid while dragging the slider around. The Gaussian Blur in Paint.NET, which obviously uses the CPU, is nowhere near as fast.

.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is required.

Oi! That's amazing the speed of the rendering is awesome. Why can't Paint.NET benefit from such advancement? It would improve rendering time to warp speed :P

Oi! That's amazing the speed of the rendering is awesome. Why can't Paint.NET benefit from such advancement? It would improve rendering time to warp speed :P

"Can't" is such a strong word. No, the issue is just that Paint.NET's rendering engine needs to be rewritten to support this, as it was essentially written for a different era of hardware. The upcoming v3.5 contains the first step toward this.

"Can't" is such a strong word. No, the issue is just that Paint.NET's rendering engine needs to be rewritten to support this, as it was essentially written for a different era of hardware. The upcoming v3.5 contains the first step toward this.

Hurray :D! I knew the engine was being rewritten didn't know it was that. Have a :mtdew: or two :mtdew::P

Datei: A:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Smudge.dll

Effektname: pyrochild.effects.smudge.Smudge

Vollständige Fehlermeldung: System.TypeLoadException: Der Typ pyrochild.effects.common.CanvasConfigDialog in der Assembly pyrochild.effects.common, Version=2.0.2975.36871, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null konnte nicht geladen werden.

bei pyrochild.effects.smudge.Smudge.CreateConfigDialog()

bei PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffect(Type effectType)

any help?

It's not really an error, but your Smudge plugin leaves these weird "marks" on the edges. This is visible on my sig and my avatar. Why does this happen?

I think that when you smudge inwards , and you take a bit of the outside of the canvas with your brush, then the plugin takes colors from the opposite side of the canvas to fill in.

It moves everything 1px upwards, I think. If you look closely you should see it.

It's not so visible on these two, but when I work with bigger images (1024x768, for example), it's more visible, I'll put up another screenshot.

I'm guessing he is asking for the PDN canvas to be updated as changes are made, presumably to see the result including all layers.

Yeah, thats what i mean.

Pyro, is it possible for a live preview function to be added?

Added for next release. Not-quite-live preview will update the canvas whenever it gets the chance. Certain events being processed in the event queue as well as history actions will cause an update.

Merry Christmas, everyone, have an update.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21706

Smudge 2.0:

-Alpha handling

-History

-Quality setting for those with slower computers

-Performance improvements

-Fixed the bug that caused it to use near 100% CPU even when idling.

-Added an Abort function to interrupt the currently rendering smudge

-Zoom function

-Live preview

-Brush installation made easier

-Brush previews in dropdown selection box.